1970 DT1-E 250 frame, what size motor?

wretched_anima
This post is 4314 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had bought a 1970 DT1E 250 a few years back and it has sat in my garage since I finally have the time to work on it. The Motor has not run since the late 80's, my thoughts were to remove the old motor and put on something newer, that would have more parts readily available. Any ideas or suggestions as to what motor might fit on this frame? Having to weld motor mounds is not out of the question… I am new to this stuff and seek assistance, please and thank you

-Adam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What exactly do you mean by "sort out the original one"?

:offtopic: See what happens when you let us Americanos in? Y'all need a glossary for newbies full of endearing terms like "knackered", "bodged", "sort out", "thin on the ground", "spanner", "tickover", to name a few.

• Like 1

:offtopic: See what happens when you let us Americanos in? Y'all need a glossary for newbies full of endearing terms like "knackered", "bodged", "sort out", "thin on the ground", "spanner", "tickover", to name a few.

aye and y'all seem to have a pet cock :lol:

aye and y'all seem to have a pet cock :lol:

i would agree with airhead why not rebuild the old motor it will keep it original and once your done youl probly have the fastest 250 on the block i did the same to my "77"dt175 and it hammers after almost 40 years she still keeps up and yeh change ya pet cock...to a fuel tap :hah:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online