How to section???

Noise
This post is 4338 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Just a thought, Do you think we could or if its a good idea to have a "How to" section of the forum? Like a written out DIY list of how to do things to the bikes? EG how to remove the fuel tank from a Draggy etc.

I mean it will save people having to write the same old thing all the time and just gives peeps soming thing to print out and could show short cuts or things that we have learned thats not in a manwell!?

Just a thought?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1 on that idea.

Could maybe go a stage further and add a how to section under the various bike types... but that might be a stage too far?

people are lazy and can't be arsed too do a search,

they would much rather ask in the relevant/unrelevant section.

they will also need to ask specific questions about a compehensive guide. ie wotz a shaft?

although some of us would benifit. so you can have a thumbs up from me.

peeps do tend to ask the same questions on the same bike and it does get tedious.

there is a search facillity for that so point them in the right direction or send them to "Tom Selleck waterfall sandwich" site if you really feeling mean :)

Good idea NOISE can honestly say that seeing the same question time and again get's boring and someone can always point them to the link. Oh and whlie were at it wots this ere flag thingy on my posts then?

I bet there's a bloody link!

Good idea NOISE can honestly say that seeing the same question time and again get's boring and someone can always point them to the link. Oh and whlie were at it wots this ere flag thingy on my posts then?

I bet there's a bloody link!

why have i not got a fuckin flag, is it because im WHITE.

You aint got a flag cos you keep sodding swearing! :jossun:

excellent idea noise

we could add a customising section as well

where folks can post up how they made that unusual item for their bike!

Ah now I see your a cheap bugger then that's why you got no flag, gough up the readies and you can wave you flag about like the rest of us, I get a pole next to put it on (bet I bloody don't) :biglaugha:

feckety feck? gimmi a feckin flag.

here's your bleeding flag

gay%20pride%20flag%20vid%20prev.png

Well here is an example on how i mean, (i got the idea when i was a member of the MR2 owners group)

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-knowledge-base.html

Just click on the type of MR2 you had and it then goes into sub sections eg Engine, wheels etc and then into more sub sections for all the common probs people have had and how they have sorted it out the good old DIY way.

Well im not sure where to go from here now? lol................. Any ideas?

Just new to the forum, but for what its worth, I agree. I post on a couple of classic bike forums (forii?) and get really engrossed in the masterclass/how to sections. Even if its nowt to with the bikes I own its still interesting to read about folks solutions to problems..."Every days' a school day" as they say

Just new to the forum, but for what its worth, I agree. I post on a couple of classic bike forums (forii?) and get really engrossed in the masterclass/how to sections. Even if its nowt to with the bikes I own its still interesting to read about folks solutions to problems..."Every days' a school day" as they say

Fora :icon_wink:

FORA????? what the hell dose that mean? lol

Looked at your MR2 site that looks quite slick, really would make a nice addition to the site and help out with common probs. All you need to do now is get it set up (not going to hold my breath waiting tho). Have you asked ALEXASIGNO if it can be done? I think it's him who runs the site, or not maybe, someone must run it and be able to add or remove stuff! :icon_redface1:

Embarrased to say I DO NOT KNOW who is responsible for the site and it's management, perhaps one of you could let me know?