This post is 4352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone

New memeber joined a few days ago just popped in to say hello. Just turned 62 been biking on/off since my legs were long enough to reach the pedals. Dad taught me to ride his BS Bantum (anyone remember them) when I was about 14. Kick start and gear shift on the right. Anyway now running a 1999 Divvy S and stil enjoying every minute of it.

Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Guys

Airhead -- yes quite right. You will probably also remember AJS, Matchless, Royal Enfield & BSA. Oh dear really showing the age now. The last big bike dad had was a Triumph 650cc twin and what a beast that was. Still remember that exhaust note today.

happy biking

Phil

Hi Phil, Welcome to the YOC, nice to have some one my age at last, same as you british bikes first then on to Hondas and Suzukis for me. Remember BSA Bantam cos my mate was a postie and he got one for free to do his round, we went to Brighton for the day on it and he got binned for carrying 2 passengers and losing his bag of post, we threw it in a hedge cos it got in the way, happy days.

Hi Phil, Same age, remember the bikes but didn't start biking until about 23 years ago, so only a novice.

I remember my next door neighbour's dad had a Matchless with two separate seats (not king and queen)

My first experience as pillion believe it or not was on a Bantum in 1964.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online