Hi from Calgary, Alberta Canada

This post is 4357 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there,

I've picked up some great information and tips from this forum...so thought I'd register.

...always loved Yamaha...although for the first ten years of my life all I had was a Yamaha

trombone and the family Yamaha piano.

Wasn't until close to my 50th year that I finally got the Yamaha I wanted...a 1971 XS1B 650.

Candy orange and that great and distinctive two cylinder throb.

Add a year and I came across a 1978 SR500 with that wicked thump of one cyclinder...and that

finicky warm kick start that I've finally figured out (after 2 years of kicking my knee off).

This year...the odd squad is complete as a friend gave me his 1978 XS750 Special because his

wife was cleaning the garage. I used to ride Honda CB750's back when I was younger...and they

were great but this Yamaha 750 triple is absolutely wicked. Great low-end torque and still gets

wickedly nasty at high end rpms....plus that triple roar is just as unique as the thumper and the double.

They all make distinctive music...and sound a lot better than I did on the old Yamaha trombone!

Scott

bikepics-1876086-full.jpg

bikepics-1876085-full.jpg

P5130759.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome scott , that XS650 rocks ,,,,, :headbang: nicesst yam ever,,,,,

Those bikes are BEAUTIFUL! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online