What version is it

One N Only Kev
This post is 4334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have a 1997 Yamaha XVS650 Custom.

Standard colour for the 97 models. There is also a pale blue version and a red & silver version (different years, I believe).

There is really only the Custom - model XVS650 and the Classic - model XVS650A

There are variants A, B, C, J, Q etc but these are just very slight revisions. Just about everything is still interchangable between variants. It's only whether you have a Custom or Classic that makes any difference.

The bike has customised pipes, backrest, luggage rack, bar grips, mirrors, tax disc holder and footpegs.

Take the other keys off your keyring, otherwise they'll swing back and forth as you ride and scratch your tank paintwork to buggery.

You have a 1997 Yamaha XVS650 Custom.

Standard colour for the 97 models. There is also a pale blue version and a red & silver version (different years, I believe).

There is really only the Custom - model XVS650 and the Classic - model XVS650A

There are variants A, B, C, J, Q etc but these are just very slight revisions. Just about everything is still interchangable between variants. It's only whether you have a Custom or Classic that makes any difference.

The bike has customised pipes, backrest, luggage rack, bar grips, mirrors, tax disc holder and footpegs.

Take the other keys off your keyring, otherwise they'll swing back and forth as you ride and scratch your tank paintwork to buggery.

Take the other keys off your keyring, otherwise they'll swing back and forth as you ride and scratch your tank paintwork to buggery. +1 on that ...

dam good advice about the keys

i found out the hard way now i got a single key with a plastic "safe" cord on it(i was one of those bikers whose key fell out during a run and i lost the thing lol)

I do like that colour!

Is that a grave yard in the back ground or just a new housing estate for hobbits?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online