Dishonest police

fieldarcher
This post is 4311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Lesson learnt.

If it between you and a pig, never try to defend yourself, the pig will alway win regardless of the facts.

The copper had the wrong road road on his statement, knew nothing about DTi guidelines, did not know how to target a bike, could not say what part of the bike or me he aimed at. At the distance he clocked me at I was in a dip in the road and had pictues that did not show the bike in the ...dip, he swore he could see it but could not say how much he could see, even though he was targetting me with his laser? He stated under oath that he said nothing after he cautioned me but admitted to mentioning my rear number plate and the colour of my bike when questioned.

He also had the superpower of being able to see a vehicle at 370 mtrs and instantly knowing it was speeding when it was coming directly towards him.

The magistrate said as he was a PC of 18 years experience none of that mattered but only the speed reading he had taken.

Truth will never be taken into account.

Cost of this lesson

£625 and 4 points.

This is a free and fair country.

2nd lesson just speed and enjoy it, at least you know the fine will be honest.

Last thing, in 46 years years of riding this is the FIRST time I was NOT speeding, I saw the pig 150 mtrs before he clocked me. When I had been done for speeding I was speeding , shruged and took the fine.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been there!!!!

got stopped for supposedly using a mobile(i did'nt even have one on my possesion)

got to court

they had the wrong name wrong road wrong date of offense and had said i was drinking

after all the wrong stuff was proven in my favour

i still got a cu80 fine got 4 points for that (the government guidelines say cu80= max 3 points)

and fined £120 cops did'nt even turn up at court

its a true saying

"the only difference between the thugs on the street and the police is the fancy dress the cops wear"

our saying lately has been "it's all the justice money can buy".

i fought a ticket once. the cop was out of his mind... said i was going down a one-way street the wrong way... and he was seriously amped (yelling and shaking). here i was 16 years old (with my twin sister and another girlfriend in the car), middle of the night. i didn't argue... never a good idea. took the ticket, went home and drew a feckin map with where i'd parked, where he'd pulled me over, etc. and sent that with the ticket and my not guilty plea. showed up for court and they couldn't even find the original copy of the ticket! WTF? worked out well for me though - told them i wanted it in writing that they were dismissing it (so i didn't get pulled over in two weeks and arrested on a bench warrant for failure to appear or some equally stupid thing).

sorry your situations didn't turn out in your favor! :shakeno:

Maybe I'm in the right part of the world. (Wiltshire, England)

Since I've been riding/driving for the last 38 years I've only been stopped once by the Police, not pigs as I will explain later.

I was "filtering" in a 30mph area but didn't spot a "jam sandwich" in the queue, to which he signalled for me to pull over. He reckoned I crossed a continous white line, I argued that I didn't and it nearly got to a war of words, I said I didn't, he said I did etc.

Anyway.

He was such a nice cop, he gave me some advice on the spot, a bit like a fatherly figure although I was more likely to be the age of his father.

But since then, believe it or not my riding has changed so much. On the way home from work whether I get home at 5.00 or 5.10pm makes no difference at all.

As for calling the Police "Pigs" Obviously you've had a problem with the police in the past and it's not gone in your favour, or are you a criminal? (in other words have you done something wrong?)

I'm a law abbiding motorist and have not had a problem with the Police.

I have noticed that a few of the regular members do dislike the Police force, but, would you rather there not be one?

i hate the pricks, :eusa_think: sometimes :eusa_think: but as you quite rightly point out , we need them.

and it's usualy when we have been caught doing something we shouldn't that we hate them.

my mum got a ticket for speeding , she obviously denide the offence and told them they were wrong.

but the arrogant plod gave her the ticket and she appeared in the dock with a not guilty plea,

on the grounds that the car was left hand drive and she was in the passanger seat , so the ticket was given to the wrong person.

case dismissed ,my mum 1 ,,plod 0. :hah:

there is a good reason for the police being refered to as "pigs"

and i personally think its to polite!!!!

due to the total lack of respect the police have towards the general public they themselfs normally inflame situations by refusing to admit they might have made a bad judgement

or may have spoken to a person the wrong way

after all they think they are always right

hence people refer to them as pigs

when the day comes that the police start to treat the public in a better manner then and only then they might gain some respect

after all i was brought up being told respect was earned not just handed out

when the day comes that the police start to treat the public in a better manner then and only then they might gain some respect

after all i was brought up being told respect was earned not just handed out

I don't know where you come from, inner city? But in my neck of the woods as I implied earlier the police are ok.

Would you rather have anarchy? or even military rule. I'm not saying there aren't any bad coppers but 99.99% are doing a fantastic job.

Without the police protecting the fabric of society, it would be a much worse place out there. That said there are some bad ones that you do come across.

I've normally done what they say so when they say they are going to give me a ticket I normally reply "thank you very much" in a polite way. I would argue the toss if they just made things up though!.

the policeman will make a judgement of you when you get off your bike, demeanor, attitude etc. its in their training.

I've always played the humble person and have been polite and sorry my mistake etc.

This usually gets a ticking off not to do it again and I'm on my way.

never got a speeding ticket from the cops

I hate them too, don't seem to give a shit about what they do and most of them are power mad. Plastic pigs are just as bad too.

In court a policeman's word will count more than yours unless there's good evidence to the contrary. The reason for this is that we don't want scroates running around arguing the toss with the police all the time clogging up the courts. I myself have no problem with the police.

No, I just wish they would stop modelling themselves on the Russian police.

What are the Russian police like compared to our police?

And if you happen to be in a state of shock? What does their 'training' say then?

I can only presume they would call the ambulance service.

I don't know where you come from, inner city? But in my neck of the woods as I implied earlier the police are ok.

Would you rather have anarchy? or even military rule. I'm not saying there aren't any bad coppers but 99.99% are doing a fantastic job.

you dont happen to work with them do you???? only jking

mike i live roughly 25 miles from glasgow

but i've had the pleasure (if it can be called that) of working closely with the police(ex military) and i've been on the wrong side of them occasionally

i still have to work with them now and then with local authority

so that lets you know my judgement of them is NOT based on a whim!

would i rather have military rule? its time you woke up the way the police are becoming its not far from that just now

read the papers and daily the corruption within the force is highlighted

i'm not completely against the police

but in 45 years i've yet to meet an honest one!!!

Our police are nowhere near military rule. True there's been some cases of cash for info etc, but if caught they do get sacked/imprisoned. When was the last time you saw random roadblocks and being asked for id, known of people get stopped by the police and never seen again. Obviously you've had bad experiences with some individuals perhaps? but on the whole the police do a great job in often difficult circumstances.

• 1 month later...

What are the Russian police like compared to our police?

Police in Essex behaving like Russian policemen on both BBC Look East news and Anglia News tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b01jyx8c

Even a picture of roadblock here:

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/

Security for the Olympics is no reason to put up road blocks and interrogate drivers with such challenges as asking if they have had contact with the police. That's provocation.

Where to begin with the police..... On a proffesinal level being in the ambulance service i find them the biggest inconvinence ever knowen to man kind. There always getting in our way while we are trying to save the patient.

On a personal level, i dont find the met police too bad. They can be a pain when the traffic cops have a bad day. They pulled me over recentely after i messed up in my subaru. I was approaching a set of traffic lights on a single carriage road with a filter lane to the right. On approach i was doing 40mph in 5th gear then slowed down to go into 2nd gear but i accidently put it into 4th gear so the car kept driving so i went straight down the filter lane as soon a the lights changed. On come the lights and some 30 year old gets out n tries to lecture me so i told him well if i didnt do what i did then your bmw 5 series would now be sitting in the back of my subaru with my towbar rammed into your radiator so yes i made a mistake but solved a problem. The more experienced cop then said to me smart move. After a fee checks then they let me off but the experienced cop told me i could have earnt 6 points for wreckless driving or slammed the brakes on n caused a lot of trouble for them n having to explain why a brand new 12 plate bmw is completely mashed....

Where to begin with the police..... On a proffesinal level being in the ambulance service i find them the biggest inconvinence ever knowen to man kind. There always getting in our way while we are trying to save the patient.

On a personal level, i dont find the met police too bad. They can be a pain when the traffic cops have a bad day. They pulled me over recentely after i messed up in my subaru. I was approaching a set of traffic lights on a single carriage road with a filter lane to the right. On approach i was doing 40mph in 5th gear then slowed down to go into 2nd gear but i accidently put it into 4th gear so the car kept driving so i went straight down the filter lane as soon a the lights changed. On come the lights and some 30 year old gets out n tries to lecture me so i told him well if i didnt do what i did then your bmw 5 series would now be sitting in the back of my subaru with my towbar rammed into your radiator so yes i made a mistake but solved a problem. The more experienced cop then said to me smart move. After a fee checks then they let me off but the experienced cop told me i could have earnt 6 points for wreckless driving or slammed the brakes on n caused a lot of trouble for them n having to explain why a brand new 12 plate bmw is completely mashed....

I would have slammed the brakes on and then let them explain why they where too close to me , preferably in front of the chief constable ,

It has happened, one of South west bikers members was on the M5 once with his missus driving , there was a car tailgating them, he looked around a saw 2 uniforms in an umarked car, as they approached a service area he told his missu pull in to the services and see WTF they are up to if they follow us in, sure enough they tailgated them into the services, he told his missus jam the brakes on , she did they hit em up the ass , result avon and somerset poice paid out for another car for them and the said officers where made to go to their house and personally apologise by the chief constable

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online