Starting Problems

jester.
This post is 4342 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.. Ive just got an 1100 Dragstar, Its got a new battery but the engine really struggles to turn over when i try to start it..its almost like a flat battery effect but it does start and runs lovely when it does..Any thoughts?? Thanks .... Also when i put the bike on full right hand lock the engine stops. very odd.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi jester, iif its a new battery, i would say its a lazy starter,[ worn brushes etc]. meter needed to check load when operated, ,,

Check the wiring loom where it goes around the headstock and into the headlight. May be some wear on the inusulated wires, which is causing a short on full lock.

Could be a laxy starter with worn brushes, what mileage has it got?... my first check would be the earth from the starter motor or the starter relay as a bad earth could easily cause high resistance and lead to a reduction in circuit performance

The cutting out sounds a lot like wiring loom, check where the wires go through the headstock as often these turn into plastic plugs which can become loose over time and unplug themselves when you turn to full lock as the wires tend to pull apart, my old DT was the worst for doing that

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online