mt03 engine work

bojas
This post is 4373 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys I`am owning the mt03 and I`am a bit concern about it work, being more specific the engine is going up and down on tachometer on neutral I`am not sure that is normal because of the one cylinder or is not regulated properly. the same thing is wen I`am riding with small speeds between 0-30 mil/h if I`am trying to ride with the same speed without acceleration the bike twitch a little bit. i don't know that all this is normal for one cylinder engines or is sth to do with engine need to mechanic attention so sort out "unstable" work.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Single cylinders always run different to twins or multis, your bike is meant to do long runs at reasonable speeds not potter around town, it will always feel lumpy if your trying to use it for short journeys. It is after all a 650cc machine and is designed to work hard over long distances. As for the problem with the tickover I suggest that you get someone to look at the timing or carb settings.

650 singles are amazing machines, i loved my CCM. You do have to be in the right gear all the time though as it will feel rough to ride but you will get used to it if you keep at it and will start enjoying it especially if you enjoy hooning around back roads. It will feel pretty lumpy in traffic and will be a bit jerky.

Its not comparable to an i4 in terms of smoothness though.