SC500 Pulser wiring

doc rix
This post is 4377 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What color wire goes to the pulser and coils? Reason why the bike runs backwards ( for real) check the manual color codes and still nothing. Any ideas?? (charging coil is brown and black and the pulser is red and white and green and white) it doesn't show which wires go were? The bike was in parts and someone taken the coils and wiring apart put back together wrong. that is why I am puzzled. We timed it (2.7mm before top dead center, pulser lined up with the mark.) Didn't start just back fired.

The pulser when we got it the wires green/white was on one side and the other side was grounded. Ran backwards???

So if anyone has any ideas about the wiring. I have a yamaha MX serier and SC500 Service Manual. not much help.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think you will find the Red/White and Green/White wires from the pulser coil and the charge coil wires go to the CDI unit. Can you look at the wires on the CDI unit and see what colour wires come from it. They should be colour coded so it should be a case of matching them up. I remember when I worked for a Yamaha dealer back in the 80's a chap brought in an IT125 that ran backwards and it turned out that he had taken the engine out and wrongly connected two wires to the CDI unit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online