XVS125 Clunky when coming to a stop/slowing

STEVE MERVE H
This post is 4258 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good evening all,

Hope somebody can be of some help.

My XVS125 is what I can only describe as being clunky when I slow down. I dont have to be on the brakes or in gear for it to be like this. Recently had the usual on the service

sparks

air filter

oil filter

chain/wheel adjustment

I cant feel anything when riding just when slowing down.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

evening steve" :welcome: is it when applying brakes? or on over-run, more info needed ,,

I would still have a look at the chain and make sure that is adjusted correctly.

Check chain for tight spots.

Sounds chain/sprocketish. Check the chain tension as per the owners handbook. Check youve plenty left on the sprocket teeth on both front and rear sprockets. Check that the front sprocket is secure on the shaft, and the rear one on the wheel. Check that the sprockets are in line with each other. Remember to check/adjust the rear brake if you adjust the chain

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Post Intro in the Intro section.

Then check wheel bearings and forks.

Then check spokes.

• 1 month later...

428!!!! try ( www.wemoto.com ) it sounds like ur chain is on its way out and they over tightened it making it feel stiff and clunky when slowing down.

• 1 month later...

that will be one side of the chain tentioner is slightly tighter than the other or the shocks need adjusting :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online