Car Insurnace & Bike Insurance Question

steveyg_uk
This post is 4349 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is a bit unique, so thought I would ask here as I can't seem to find anything online.

Question - If I sell my car, can I keep my 12 years CAR NCB?

BACKGROUND:- Currently I have 12 years CAR NCB, and recently I purchased a Motorbike - to save money on fuel. My partner who lives with me has a ford fiesta. Thinking about selling my car and getting insured on her's.

So, if I sell my car, and I get insured onto her fiesta, can I therefore keep my CARS NCB?

Look forward to your answers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes, you do.

It's actually a common thing for newer drivers to build up NCB.

Just be aware that most companies only allow you to maintain your NCD without active insurance for a set period of time, some 1 year, some 2 and I believe some even up to 7 (I think). So if you don't manage to get insured on another car, then be wary of your options if later you decide to buy another car.

Also is there any rules about the same vehicle having more than one main policy holder linked to it? Or are you thinking of being a named driver on your partners?

I was with direct line, they only roll over NCB for 2 years. Most will count your time as a named driver when you come to get insured again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online