Just joind so thought i would say hi

This post is 4350 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all.

Just joined so I thought I would say hi before I start asking for help.

I started my motor biking when I was 16 with a Yamaha FS1-E 50 in 1998. I went on to get a TZR125 and I loved it. Sadly I passed my car test and neglected her and ended up selling her in 2000. In 2002 I ended up acquiring her again after her owner crashed her into a wall. I spent a few months restoring her. Then I ended up getting married and she got stored in a container in my mates work and ended up getting stolen or lost and she hasn’t been seen since.

I lost interest and never ended up doing my full test and thought my biking days was over.

Which brings us to 2012. About 8 weeks ago I got offered a Yamaha YN100 neo's for very cheap but it wasn’t running, now my intension was to get it fix it, MOT it and sell it. Soon as I go its spark back and got it running I seemed to get my spark back. I got insurance and booked done my CBT again and then I was on the road again.

I ended up buying a TZR50 a few weeks ago that needed a bit of work but I was happy with it. I know it’s a bit of a drop in power to the TZR125 but I can ride it on my car licence with no L plates and also carry passengers (my kids) as it’s classed as a Moped.

I am going to do my test now and get a R1 but in the meantime I’m happy playing out on my TZR50.

Iv just got a 90cc bore kit, technigas exhaust and carbon reed valves to fit in the next week or so and am just looking for a bigger carb.

Well thats me for now. Im a bit out of touch with bike engines these days but ill help where i can and ill pick it all back up soon enough

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome good to hear you are back to biing

UMM R1 be careful, that is a whole shit load bigger and faster than anything you have ridden,

why not get a 600 first they are bloody quick i promise ya , anyway take it easy

Merv

:welcome:

R1 you treat with respect. my friend just come off one, his fault and very experienced. bike's written off but he's ok!

just a cautionary tale that's all!

Welcome iceman to the YOC.

Take care and enjoy your bike.

+1 on what the lads were saying....... 600cc is a good size bike for all sorts of needs.

Yeah i dont plan on jumping straight on one after test i will work my way up.

When i had my TZR125 i had a go of a CBR900 it had no 4th gear but the power difference was still scary. I then had a go of a CBR1000 and it lifted on me and i SH*T me self.

If i find a cheap enough TZR125 localy at the right price id have one but im happy with the fact i can take my kids out on the back of my 50 wile im sorting my licence out.

Just a quick bit of advice.

I have 3 or 4 problems I want to ask advice on. Is it normal to practice to have one thread per problem or all on the same once.

I know on other forums if your title says for example. SPARK PROBLEM you will get more views than someone that has the title MULTIPLE PROBLEMS.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

Agree above re the 600s (that's what I did my DAS on ... well a 660 MT but near enough) ... I bought a 600 Divi and its easily fast enough for me!

Folks here been great on my queries so fire away!

Just a quick bit of advice.

I have 3 or 4 problems I want to ask advice on. Is it normal to practice to have one thread per problem or all on the same once.

I know on other forums if your title says for example. SPARK PROBLEM you will get more views than someone that has the title MULTIPLE PROBLEMS.

Thanks.

It may get you a better response if you list evry problem invidually

Hi Iceman, welcome to the YOC, Love the intro (well done) always nice to have a born again biker back in the fold, jump in and help out where you can. :jossun: