Filter Media

Morpheuz
This post is 4373 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Howdy,

I think I know the basics.... paper filters better, but tends to be restrictive, oiled foam filters okish, and lets more air in...

Foam on its own is fine for air, but filters shit, and cotton gauze, few layers, is more or less unrestricted, but invites everyone in..

I got rid of the paper element, due to it being far too restrictive, along with the intake box it was awful, and as soon as it developed a slight darkish colour, was even worse...

I have put on a gauze, its great for air, but too much debris gets in, and seeing as through I was sandblasted by a HGV the other day..

I've decided to look into another type, probs foam, with an oil spray I'll buy. They are little 48mm cone ones, for xvs125.

Whats everyones thoughts on filtration media? I think paper is out of the question due to its crap flow, but it sure does filter good.

Ive been looking for a free flowing paper cone with no luck..... you reckon oiled foam is ok?

Thanks peepz.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think I'm going to add a double porosity foam filter, with an oiled trumpet sock foam filter on top. Got to be better than gauze right, and still offer filtration.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online