YP250 weave

Roymundo
This post is 4354 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all bikers. Just purchased a 1998 YP250 for local run about. Its done 22k and runs well, bit scruffy but thats fine for 14 years old, still does 85 mpg. My querry is about the way it handles, When on the road it rolls and weaves, not keeping a straight line. The steering and wheel bearings all feel fine with no notchy feel but the tyres are of different makes. Front is a Continental dated 2004 and the rear is a Sava sporty. its my first scooter so not sure if thats how they should handle if not are the tyres my problem to get renewed?

Thinking of Avon Viper Stryke tyres as a per......any suggestions would be helpful.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check the rear wheel is aliened correctly, i had the same problem with my 125, after it got a new rear Tyre the bloke that put the wheel back on didn't line it up right, and was 5mm too far left!

Its only 2 nuts that you adjust just make sure that they are exactly the same, either wind them right back then count the number of turns on each one or use a vernier caliper the measure them. ;)

Many thanks Noise..... but the YP250 is a twist and go scooter with no adjustment for alainment. Any other thoughts?

After the above (Airhead) actually check the tread on your front tyre, it might be tram lining on the tread. :jossun:

Bit of an obvious one but have you checked to see if the actual wheel(s) are buckled? ... plus an 8 year old tyre may not be in the best 'health' either.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online