Numb fingers - free gloves

steveyg_uk
This post is 4377 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I got free gloves thrown in with the deal on my bike. They seem ok, but I am suffering from numb fingers in the morning - espcially the 2nd and 3rd finger on the right hand.

Would investing in a decent pair of gloves prevent this, or could I be holding the handlebar grips incorrectly?

Sorry if this seems obvious, just wondering.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Find out the cause of the numbness.

Vibration through the bars, cold and reduced blood circulation in your hands can all cause this.

I get the same thing, but i only own summer gloves..........................Just man up and take the pain! pain is weakness leaving the body lol

I had this with a new pair of gloves, once they were worn in a bit it stopped, but if you are only getting it in the morning maybe its just the cold getting to them, I get that as well, but then I had a FS1E so that may account for it.

Hi,

I got free gloves thrown in with the deal on my bike. They seem ok, but I am suffering from numb fingers in the morning - espcially the 2nd and 3rd finger on the right hand.

Would investing in a decent pair of gloves prevent this, or could I be holding the handlebar grips incorrectly?

Sorry if this seems obvious, just wondering.

Look at your riding position. Forearm to wrist to hand needs to be straight, try not to have pressure being applied to the wrist area (carpal tunnel), puts pressure on the nerves/tendons. Shoulders relaxed and loose, same for the elbows, bent slightly, you should be able to flap your elbows when riding, dont grip the throttle like its your wifes neck. You may have to adjust the position of the bars and levers to suit.

Isn't it getting warmer yet?

If it's cold and you're riding some distance I reckon your fingers will get cold to some degree anyway. Circulation isn't great if you're just sitting there not moving.

To add to the others: gloves that have a bit of room in the fingers are a bit better too.

I've got some waterproof oversize gloves that I can use an inner glove with that work OK although they were hard to find for big hands.

Quick tip that i do in the mornings.................when at a red light knock her in neutral and stick your hands on the cylinder! warms them back up in a jiffy and keeps them warm for about half a mile ish depending how long your hold on for.

i hold no responsibility if you burn your self, if your dumb enough to hold onto a running motorcycle engine for long enough to not feel it burning then there is some thing wrong with you and you should see a doctor!