DTR 125 1998 insurance shock!!!

hayes123
This post is 4192 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unfort. it doesn't seem to unreasonable to me mate... My personal opinion is that it's worth having a bike covered for theft as low life scum will steal anything given the opportunity. A lot has to do with where you store the bike overnight, get a better discount for having it garaged.

I paid about the same my 1st year with a dt at 17. Its mostly because they are popular to theifs/ scummy chavs who think it would be a bit of fun.

Same goes for stuff like rs's and the r125 etc

• 1 month later...

Its mostly because they are popular to theifs/ scummy chavs who think it would be a bit of fun.

what he said. Unfortunately these are the bikes low lives love to steal and ride off road and due to them being such lightweight machines they can be lifted into the back of a van with little effort. If you cant get a cheap quote look at getting something like a ybr 125. Cheap to run, economical and nippy. Adding a parent onto the policy if they have a bike license can make it cheaper as I found. Added my Dad as a named rider as he does use it from time to time.

Better than mine, with my London post code. Unfortunately I have a claim going through with my car at the moment so it boosted mine from £509 to about £800. Even better when you realise my claim was my Saxo being hit by a scaffolding lorry! :(

Better than mine, with my London post code. Unfortunately I have a claim going through with my car at the moment so it boosted mine from £509 to about £800. Even better when you realise my claim was my Saxo being hit by a scaffolding lorry! :(

Experienced this myself. Had a non fault claim, third party paid for eveything and they still put my insurance up £100 :thumbdown:

• 2 months later...

I would recommend going fire and theft at least i have a 92 dt 125 and I got nicked I was only 3rd party only and lost out big time :( the police finally recovered the bike but it's a bit of a state now tbh. Like what has already been said depends on where you live I live on a council estate so yeah haha

• 3 weeks later...

i got a YBR with subsidised insurance, so it came out at a round £500 for a years fully comp, other than that, i was quoted as low as £450 for an 18 year old first time rider for 3p,f+t.

I think the insurance group of a dt is higher than the ybr so would most likely cost a fair bit more.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online