fzs 600 fazer exhaust repair

colin1950
This post is 4358 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Discovered last week that my exhaust had developed a slight leak at one of the small pipes on the bottom right. Attempted to seal it with Radweld which was a glorious failure. It really needs brazing but finding and then getting the work done by a radiator repairer would cost money including the cost of getting the radiator to the shop and it's return. Other options considered included a second hand radiator from ebay or a breaker but the same problem remains. These radiators are about 8 - 10 years old and may be in no better nick than the one I already have so possibly a pointless exercise. Another option is a new pattern radiator which comes in at about £120 and would be a good bet as it will last for as long as I keep the bike. Being a stingy Scotsman, however, who hates spending money unnecessarily, I solved the problem by removing the radiator, cleaning around the leak and covering with a liberal dose of Araldite. It seems to have done the trick but I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done this already. I know I will be riding in the future with one eye on the temperature gauge and another on my right boot to check for signs of further leakage.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Discovered last week that my exhaust had developed a slight leak?

Attempted to seal it with Radweld which was a glorious failure?

Are we getting things slightly mixed up here Colin?

Yeah, thanks Airhead. Perhaps that should be my name. I did of course mean radiator. Probably caught a blonde moment from the wife.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online