Search tool

Morpheuz
This post is 4380 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Doesnt work.

I know exactly what was mentioned and keywords that were said yet, it brings up completely irrelevent topics.

Does it only work with topic names, or can it pick up whats inside it? because I never find what I'm looking for.

I remember someone talking about a pair of lighter dragstar wheels, so I search it and cant find it.

I have got my bike running great and its as powerful and responsive as anyone could hope for, but im getting a bigger front sprocket and

I'd love to be able to find these lighter wheels. I need me MPG back lol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

And how will lighter wheels help mpg. Its not mass carried by the suspention so won't affect engine performance all that much.

Lighter wheels are a help for handling, lower rotating mass, less gyroscopic effect, etc.

I know what you mean about the search, its hard to find things about the r6 as its only 2 characters and isnt long enough.. =(

Its less work for the engine cynic, wether its on the frame or not, you stand your bike in neutral, and it revs up the fastest it can, then lift the back wheel off and in first, not as fast, less work for the engine has to be good, the wheels are weight just as the engine and stuff is, only the wheels move with the engine.

Its less work for the engine cynic, wether its on the frame or not, you stand your bike in neutral, and it revs up the fastest it can, then lift the back wheel off and in first, not as fast, less work for the engine has to be good, the wheels are weight just as the engine and stuff is, only the wheels move with the engine.

Kind of but the bike isn't carrying the weight, its sat on it. The mass also keeps the bike stable and works the suspention, if you made a worthwhile saving you will need to alter your shocks and forks as they will be over sprung.

The greatest part of the weight on your wheels is the tyres, have the rims changed to ally would lose a bit but the rest of the weight is the hub and the drive gubbins, even worse if its a shaftie.

On a track R6 with a pedigree rider it matters, on the queens highway. Nah.

I'm not saying don't do it, but the real savings are probably the same as having a good shit before you go for a ride.

Given the bikes weight in the first place, I agree with the little gains.

Every little helps, especially with a 125 as it takes any weight reduction gladly.

I said MPG as just something to say, as with all the upgrades Ive done, I probs dont have the MPG I did before I started.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is it cant hurt.

As for power, mpg and handling etc, I'd have thought it would have helped, but as its so insignificant and I dont have 50 odd scientists to back up my claim for this given bike, I wont make a big thing of it.

My bike is due some new wheels anyway and lighter ones just sounded better.

Oh don't let me stop you, just you did put it in open forum and the name cynic wasn't plucked out the air. I have had it thrown at me time again.

You want to fit lighter wheels go right ahead i was just trying to highlight the tiny improvement you will get. As well as the lighter wheels being fitted to allow handling improvements more than power.

I didnt even know what cynic meant until I just looked it up.

I aint doing it, because your right, its pointless.

I just didnt expect the topic to completely change over something I just threw out on the end of my rant.

BUT,

I agree with you on the subject.

What I'll probably do is gradually loose weight on the bike, over time by removing a few things, and opting for lighter aftermarket parts.

I've ordered a cone to go on the carb under the tank, and my exhausts are opened up, I have a 101 main jet in at the mo and I may bang in a 103 after the cone is fitted.

If I can add 2 teeth to the front sprocket, and remove things like the front mudguard and the passenger seat, and maybe lighter wheels, hopefully, it wont be in vain.

Or maybe it will...

Or get a bigger bike and save your money?

Or get a bigger bike and save your money?

The bike is the only thing I have to my name, If I had thousands, I would have, however I dont, so I'm trying to make the best of what I have.

You dont have to spend a fortune to have a bigger bike, from browsing the market most 125s are dearer than bigger bikes anyway.

Light wheels sound expensive to me.