Boot buying help

steveyg_uk
This post is 4378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ordered a pair of boots of the internet and they don't fit :-( They are UK size 8 and I can't get them done up around me legs. It's now the seconds pair I have tried :-(

I have no idea either if I have wide feet - 9.5cm width so quite confused where to go next.

Not looking for anything expensive, just want something under £100, that I can use for commuting and walking around the shops etc.

Help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

Unfortunately the only solution I would think of is, going to a shop and trying a fair few on and see which fit the best.

Some shops do internet price comparisons so worth checking out too.

The worst thing is uncomfortable boots, ruins a good ride!

I got mine from Lidl! and they were only £25 and are dead comfy once broken in. just like wearing slippers.

I got some from Lidl, black biker boot, they have a chrome ring at the ankle, just need to wear in though, the wife gives me strange looks cuz I am wearing them around the house.

When i bought my Weise boots i couldn't do up the zip's around my calves. But i just kept wearing them and after a week or so they loosened out and are now the most comfy boots.

The boots I now have are great, only problem is, I seem to have issues trying to change up the gears. As they are quite large it's difficult to get my foot under the gear lever to push up. Any ideas, or does anyone else have that issue?

Move the lever up a bit so you can get yer hoof under it - it is fitted on a spline.

I of course can use the back of the gear lever :P

I find my boots a little big for the YBR 125 but OK on the Divi - the YBR is a little more cramped at the selector. I would need to go look at the YBR but assuming PeterC is correct you may be able to give yourself some room.

May be just a case of getting used to it and/or breaking in the boots. Personally I wear trail boots if I am taking the 125 out.

Cheers Guys. I don't understand though - can I actually move the gear lever up a level to allow bigger space? If so, shouldn't I get Yamaha to do this, as the bike is new and under warranty.

The gear lever can be moved (rotated) on its spline. Yes - ask them to do it. It should only take 5 minutes.