Helmet Visor in the morning

steveyg_uk
This post is 4356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have to click it up a notch for a while.

Smear fairyliquid on the inside and wipe it away lightly.

There is a hole thread on this subject somewhere.

I bought a HJC helmet, and yesterday was freezing cold , and i never had a misted visor,, :eusa_shifty: when stopped at lights , looked at my mate ,he was fogged up.

I use anti-fog stuff, today's w/up liquid isn't as good as it used to be!

Try cutting a potato in half and rubbing the cut end on to the inside of the visor, sounds odd but it really works, it's the starch in the spud that does it, as drewpy says todays W/up liquid is not the same as it used to be and doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. :jossun:

Pinlock is great. I have the inserts on all my helmets. You can research them online or go into Hein Gericke who stock them. The staff there are very helpful.

But have you seen the little sticker that comes with a pinlock - 'daytime use only'? What's that about?

I never noticed it on my Shoei until I took the visor off one day to clean it. The guy in the shop that fitted the pinlock for me must have stuck it on.

Sounds like a wind up. I finish work at midnight and use a clear insert with no problems. Alternatively yours was a tinted insert which can only be worn during daylight unless you like riding blind.

Pinlock fixes to the inside of the visor so it never comes into contact with rain. You will still need to do whatever you do to keep the outside of the visor clean and help the rain to run off. The inside need very little cleaning but is dead easy to do. Best of luck.

I use 'Shift It' helmet & visor cleaner along side a micro fibre cloth.... seems to do the job of getting rid of the nasties and doesn;t leave an eye watering smell like the old stuff used too.

Iv got some autoglym visor cleaner stuff, works pretty well. Smells a bit like window cleaner though...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online