DT 125 Project help with wiring pleaseee

insanekid00
This post is 3590 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, thanks for reading,

ive recently came across a 1999 dt 125 wich has seen better days, this used to be a road back but has been stripped of all lights, speedo ect and im having problems with the wiring, im fairly sure i have the right rectifier regulator vys4z8.jpg it has 2 reds coming from same thing, white, black and a yellow and red

this is the cdi unit i have

oggglv.jpg

this has g/w, brown, r/w, b/y, orange, black,r/w, b/w and a yellow

from the flywheel its

bl/r, g/w, grey, white, black,y/r

theres also two coming from the engine which are white and red and white and blue

from the ignition coil there is green and bl/y

Any help on wiring this so it will start would be greatfully appreciated..... PLEASE HELP!!!!!

k4z8ex.jpg

• 2 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take time reading the schematic. All you really need to connect for the bike to start is the cdi, stator, ignition coil, and all the grounds. I would suggest to also connect the on/off switch, ignition lock, and the stand sensor to make sure none of these prevent the spark. A disconnected stand sensor had me puzzled for a while as the bike would turn off when i put the gear on:)

Alright mate.

What code is written on the cdi?

Is it a 3RM? They may have rubbed off. Best thing to do is to check the Haynes manual for the wiring diagram

The original post is over 2 years old. If it isn't fixed already I doubt if it ever will be.

Because a newbie replied to the post and then it got a few additional posts - including yours. Easily done when searching and trying to help. The original poster only posted this and couldn't be arsed to say hello in the newbies section so I am not really surprised that it took 2 years for someone to answer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online