1975 Yamaha RS100 turn signal issues!

Brendon
This post is 4347 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hahahaha, Im sorry I'm very new to forums, I did the jumper like you said, running the jumper from the positive side of the battery to the brown wire on the relay and the turn signal worked, it worked better when I started the bike. What does this mean seeing that I had to use a jumper to get it to work?

so if it works repeatedly with the jumper and not without it...this means the current flow from the battery... through the fuse and any connectors along the way...through the ignition switch to the flash relay has met some resistance due to dirty or corroded contacts!

you need to check all connectors and fuse connection are clean, if you cannot get it to work after doing this then it maybe the contacts in the ignition switch that are dirty...this is an area i am unfamiliar with, i dont know if they can be inspected and cleaned or whether a new ignition switch would be necessary, that one is for you to decide but do the stuff you can do...its late now in uk so i'll check up on you again tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...

Im still having trouble with these turn signals... 6v 17w system, I made sure all connections were cleaned and wired correctly, all 4 turn signals are connected and I reconnected the turn signal indicator light also. The turn signal lights come on but do not flash still.

then i am guessing you need a new ignition switch unless you can somehow clean the contacts...because the jumpering excercise just bypassed the switch and the associated wiring,you have stated the associated wiring and plugs are clean

you could take an ohms reading of it all, take out the fuse and measure between the fuse holder clip (loom side) and the brown connector on the relay, it should be a very low reading 0.5 ohms at a guess

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online