UPLOADING PHOTOS

Jayk
This post is 4302 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unless you have your own server you need to have an account with a company like you then upload your pictures to that and then link the pictures to this site using the "image" icon that is shown in the centre of the icons that are available when you post. To the left of the <>

It sounds more complicated than it is.

Alternativly, what i found and do as i think it is easiest, if you have a facebook acount, or any other website that you can upload pictures to, you can uplaod them on there - and if you use "Safari" web browser, it allows you to right click on the image, and " copy image address " thats what i do :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am trying to upload a link to a photo of an Ermax screen. The photo is on my Picasa account and has "Public" access - which (I think) means as long as someone has the URL then he/she can click through to the image.

When I create a post and click on the "Image" button on the toolbar and enter the URL of the image, the post fails with the following mesage in RED

>> You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. <<

I sometimes use DropBox to hold files "in the cloud" . Can I use that instead as the source for the image? In fact, I'll try it now.

I can't find instructions to upload images to the Forum gallery (another possible way to link to the image from my post I am thinking). Can anyone provide the link to the instructions?

Thanks

clive

Hi Clive,

I think you have to be a paid member to upload to the gallery. It is pretty cheap. Have a look here for more info. LINKY

Not sure about Picasa but when you put the image url in the box, does it refer to the actual image and ends with the image extension. For example

http://www.blah/blah/xyz123/image.jpg
[/CODE] So the last part of the URL shows that it is an image. The boarad seems to be happy with most common extensions (jpg png gif etc). If you use Firefox as a browser, where your image is show on a web page, right click and chooose "copy image location". come back to the board and then try to post an image by bringing up the "image" box and pasting the link into the box. I always use the full
[CODE]
Http://www...............

when posting images.

I hope this helps and solves your problem.

I use tags which tell the web page there is an imge there. use them either side of the http: address the end tag has a / inbetween the first [ and IMG

I can't literally write it or the browser will assume there's an image and you won't see the text

All sorted.

I think the problem is that Picasa "wraps" the file in lots of HTML to give the appearance of a photo album, whereas I guess this forum just wants a link to a file, with no website "wrapping".

I copied the picture to the "public" area of my Dropbox account, obtained the public URL of this file, created a post on this forum, clicked the Image toolbar button, pasted the URL that refers back to dropbox file and within a couple of seconds the image appeared within the post.

Great stuff.

Thanks

Clive

If you need to write code and dont want it to render, use the <> icon to the right of the image icon.

• 1 month later...

why cant it just be easier to post pictures on this site, like just right click and then choose from your pictures like most other sites.