Dumb shit I've done since getting my bike

This post is 4066 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This happened this afternoon after a long day trying to get my greenlaner running, after finding it had low compression I ended up swapping engines from my newly acquired restoration project.

After reassembling the side casing having adjusted the clutch, I refilled it with a jug of oil.

Sump plug was still on the bench.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I did the basic of school boy errors over the weekend..did an oil change for the first time but overtightened the sodding sump plug and crossed threaded the sump.

I'm blaming the new torque wrench of course...

Talking of Greenock, as a yoof, I went to James Watt college and one dinner time I set off on my bike, a Triumph Bonneville (it was day release from my work so I was earning)into the town centre, anyway passing by the bus terminus there was a group of lasses standing so I'm busy looking at them, looking at me, when out of the corner of my eye I saw the car in fronts brake lights coming on. Slammed on mine and down I went amid all the bus diesel......I can still hear them laughing

Ive ran over my own foot with the rear wheel while pushing the bike into my car port, and in the process i grazed my knee with the side mounted number plate. :(

left the keys in the ignition plenty of times,

tried to start my old DT50 with the killswitch set to 'off' (got no end of piss-taking from my peers)

left my heated grips on overnight and killed the battery,

changed the oil in the engine without first putting the sump plug back in

taken the clutch casing off my DT without realising that it had oil behind it (10 mile walk to the nearest place that sold oil),

changed the front and rear sprockets and forgot to put the chain on,

left the two-stroke tank pipe off after rebuilding the DTs top end,

put the carburettor slide in backwards,

stopped at traffic lights with a load of mates on peds, bike in 1st with the clutch in, i sneezed in my helmet and dropped the clutch by accident, bike stalled, lights turn green and everyone else roars off laughing.

put the fuel tap to reserve instead of on, ran out of petrol in the middle of nowhere.

aswell as many others i cant remember right now, we all fuck up from time to time :)

Some more than others hey Foams :biglaugha::eusa_doh:

Foamy there are some classics in there like hahah.

I put my full dep exhaust on and plastics back on only to realise I hadn't put the exhaust gasket it.

Over adjusted the rear brake when changing the wheels only to be found doing 20mph with bright red disk on a 60mph road with no chance to pull in for 5mins.

Run out of petrol when pulling out of a junction only to have to jump off and push like fuck before both lanes of traffic killed me.

I think that's all for now

Ken

I been riding maybe a month with barely enough oil in my engine to fill a cats bowl... every time i checked the oil there was oil on the dipstick... that had been splashed onto it. Silly me not wiping it off and diping it back in to check the levels properly... running much smoother now it's been topped up!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online