Gilera 4V project

drewpy
This post is 3158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

anyone have an English wheel in the Manchester area?

I have a stainless front guard which has had rear ended something and just needs the bumps flattening out!

• 3 weeks later...

well I got another pressie today courtisy of a fellow member of the sports moped forum.

a 5 speed seized engine

freeengine2_zpsaad32963.jpg

freeengine1_zpsb39edda9.jpg

I'm hoping that left cover will fit mine as that will save me £50 for a new one, or if your daft, £100 for 2nd hand on eBay

I'm off Friday and Monday so hope to strip it down and see what I have. Already I can see an unrestricted inlet worth at least £20

Off to pick up some zinc from Unity in Oldham tomorrow morning before work (they open at 5:30am)

5.3O. Bloody ell " :eusa_shifty: , is that the gearshaft going right thru for both left right shifter ?

I won't be there for 5:30, more like 6:45

left is gear shift , right is kick start

stripped the seized engine down today. the crank and piston was totally stuck, but the rest of the engine came aprt easily and the 5 speed cluster looks good.

the side cover doesn't fit as It was a later version :eusa_doh:

bang it on ebay for half the price of the other one, £50 :eusa_whistle:

Shiney ok, but no definition with that camera, Do you still get seals and bearings etc for Gilera "s

Shiney ok, but no definition with that camera, Do you still get seals and bearings etc for Gilera "s

yep, bearings are all off the counter as they are standard stuff

its a camera phone that's been down the toilet not surprised its lost some definition :D

• 2 weeks later...

got the brake stuff back from the chromers and they have done a really good job and only charged me £35 B)

the problem is, when i try and put them on the splined brake cams, they won't fit on. it looks like the brake arms haven't been touched but I also had the brake cams Zinc'd

I have tried kinetic energy and its not happening, anyone have a n idea what to do next. All I can think about is scraping some of the zinc away from the cams or maybe try and open up the arms up a bit :unsure:

maybe try and open up the arms up a bit :eusa_think:

Done that trick plenty of times Drewps...... a large standard screwdriver & a tap with a 5lb. sledgehammer does the trick everytime :thumb:

Nice progress on the Gilera btw B)

I think I'll try a mix of both tomorrow and see how its goes. Cheers Guys.

I'll take a pickie when its done.

• 2 months later...

little update;

sent the forks hubs and rims to Manchester xtreme for new spokes and building, £130 = very cheap :)

engine to be done next weekend if the weather is kind as I'm outside.

thanks, still got to buy some neck bearings and swing arm bushes, brake rod and cables and other bits I can't recall ATM.

Frame needs some work and then paint and a complete rewire with 12v electrics.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online