Gilera 4V project

drewpy
This post is 3185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I see what your saying Paul, but all the manual states that the right left bearing put in the casing and the right on the crank! I just followed that.

I got a lead for a guy in Bury who may be able to help whether he takes off the bearing and fits it that way, I'm not bothered, so long as the crank is fitted on that side!

cheers for the info :)

you'll be surprised, when i get the frame done/painted is just a matter of assembly.

the front end is done, mate has the silver parts for shot blasting, then I can use the scout hut as a paint shop ;)

whether it starts/works or not is another matter though :eusa_think:

Think you missed the pun there Drew "bearing in mind the crankcase you'll be hard pressed"

ah never mind!!

I know, it was crap though. thought it best not to mention it

Hes slower than a 4 stroke tommy " :babyha:

Drwewps i"ll find video of the tool, , yeh pull crank thru casing ,,, :yeah:

I'll be interested on how it it done John

yay sorted,

took it round to a guy called Ant, who has a cottage industry in his garage.

took him all of 5 mins with the right tools, even checked my crank for alignment.

cost? FREE, yep gratis :hyper:

going to send my fz head for him to do as he gas flows heads/valves etc :)

built the bottom end tonight and loose fitted the head and casings for the photo's

WP_20131001_0031_zpse502aeef.jpg

WP_20131001_0011_zps4ee5cea3.jpg

WP_20131001_0021_zpsbdcbadb3.jpg

just need to clean the little clutch, tighten a few things up, then work out how/where to time the AM6 mag/electronic ignition, sort out squish band etc etc

take the head off and there's a tiny hole for the piston :D

anyone know how to identify the mag "point of fire" on these electronic systems. Its an AM6 off a Derbi Senda.