Battery advice

Venomauzz
This post is 4404 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Howdy.

Battery died on the XVS 650 this week at the worst time. But it seems to have happened since fitting LED indicators and load resistors. Weird.

Anyway, as I'm new to the biking world I thought I'd ask the question. What batteries will fit in the 98 XVS 650?

Halfords list a Bosch M6 013 but as usual never have any in stock.

Does anyone have any experience with fitting alternative batteries?

All advice appreciated.

Auzz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Man long time no speak!!! hows things?

Have you checked the woltage of the battery before starting then after starting? just to see how much she drops then switch on the blinkers to see if it drops some more?

Not sure about what battery is in mine but go onto wemoto.com and buy one from there you should get it through the post with in 2 days. them fit an optimate charger to it to keep it in top condition. ;)

GS model GT12B-4

Cheers. Sadly my car and my bike have been the bane of my life and bank balance this week!

The bike is outside my girlfriend's house in Southsea where I have no tools or equipment so can't begin to diagnose the issue.

I'm getting my car fixed as I'm on leave now and need to drive back to Yeovil tomorrow. I'll worry about the bike next week. I just need to get it back on base to it's garage.

How much space is there for a different battery? the Halfords suggestion is 149x70x105 but there is a similar type with dimensions of 151x88x131 I can buy off the shelf today

You should be able to squeeze it in as there is a fair bit of space in there but you may find the fuse box might get in the way?

I've found a t12b-4 but as my car still hasn't passed its MOT I can't get it! Bike will have to sit and wait until I come back now. Not got time or patience for anything. If it was at Yeovil I'd ask you over to look at it with me noise. Someday I'll actually have all my belongings in one postcode!!

Lol no worries dude, im actually down Southampton this week end but seeing your back down year then its no point me nipping to pompy to have a gander at it with you lol.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online