Read this (your small print) it might just save your bacon

Blades_2
This post is 4382 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, lets not beat about the bush, Im a FZS Fazer 600 rider, ive been riding 4 years and today i took mine up to whitby. Comming back i hit a patch off Diesel and next thing i know im on my backside on the road thinking shit this isnt good. I picked myself up and thankfully the man comming the opposite way in the lorry stopped and so did the man in a Shogun so thankyou to them. They helped me pick my bike up move it to the side of the road. Then some dick walks towards me and tells the lorry driver hes going to have to move because hes causing caos (CHEERS MATE). Anyway me then thinking right i have Roadside recovery from AA, and ill not refraim from naming and shaming here, I bought their policy thinking i could get home should the unexpected happen. WRONG. I payed £120 for me to be covered and the woman on the end off the phone says "sorry sir we only cover electrical problems, ill put you through to someone, hold on," "hello, it will cost you £120 to do 10 emergancy miles" Fu**ing brilliant im 70miles from home. Right ill ring my insurance, they said, " we can only revocer the bike you will have to make your own way home sir, we will keep it in a storage compound where it will be safe"

"you cant take me or the bike home"

"No sir our drivers arent covered to carry passengers"

So heres a little tip, go check your small print because ive had an accident today because someone spilt diesel on the road, and despite paying hundreds off pounds for cover for things like this to happen and make sure i can get home. I couldn't.

PISSED OFF MUCH.

RANT OFF.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh just as a Ps note, I would like to thank all the bikers who made sure i was ok, i really really appreciated it so thankyou all if you stopped or gave me a thumbs up to make sure i was ok. THANKYOU :)

Hey Blades

Glad that you didn't get hurt. How badly damaged was your bike?

It doesn't suprise me that they would not allow you to accompany the driver. I have coverage with BCAA and they have the same policy. They will not allow you to ride with the driver due to insurance issues. You have to call a friend or a taxi.

Ride safe.

Rocky

The bike is reasonably damaged, mostly cosmetics though, engine cover, mirror footpeg and gears that kinda thing hopefully getting it soughted by next week and then she is going she dropped a valve on me back end off last year this is second strike although not her fault and im not prepared to have a third incident on it.

Gutted that my insurance and breakdown cover wouldnt come and collect me though (just a tip, i rang them this morning and if i had said i had a flat tyre then they would have come out) so ill know for next time, just wanted to stop this happening to anyone else.

Alex

Glad you're OK and still here to post this, that others might learn the lesson in time!

I only ever take insurance that includes RAC or AA full recovery and everything, for this very reason. Also, almost all the drivers they use for m/c recovery are bikers themselves, have been there, seen and done it all.

Iv had a blow out on my bike before and the recovery man took me and the bike home which was a good 10 miles, looked like a private recovery company though but it was my insurance company who sent them out to me.

The guy was a biker himself and it was a nice journey just chatting about bikes (as you do). I was with Swinton at the time as well.

EDIT: Just read about the flat tyre thing, thats utter crap imo. An off should be more of a priority surely.

I thought if you bought recovery & onward journey (or whatever they call it) they take you and the bike home...?

Glad you're ok

Well, i rung the AA this morning in discust, (sorry to the woman on the end off the phone) and tried to ask why i wasnt covered, she said same thing it went down as an accident so not a chance, it was £108 for 10 miles (like pissing in a ocean im 60 miles from home) and i then asked what would have happened if i had had a flat tyre she said "yes we would have taken you home", i then asked what if i had got a flat tyre and then fallen off and she said "sorry i cant comment on that".

Lesson learnt im paying an extra £500 for fully comp on a fazer 1000 which should be arriving sometime in the near future.

Sheer speachless at the side of the road though which i was trying to prevent happening to someone else.

My old man is with Carol Nash and apparently his covers him for getting home he read his small print after what happened yesterday, his words to me after he had read it "you've been screwed over all ways up".

Oh well.....