Is this a fair quote?

ddlooping
This post is 4364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am. but I am old, have no claims bonus, a "manager" status job and park on my driveway.

Swintons called me yesterday and are calling back today. My insurance is already with them and they quoted £182 over the phone to me yesterday. That was before the negotiations started. I told them to go away and get me somewhere near the £97 and to see what the cost was if packaged with recovery cover. I will let you know what goes on when they call back later. I tend to look at the whole package, not just the cost. If Swintons come in at about £110 without the recovery, I will probably stay with them. The odd £13 isn't worth messing about with for a once a year transaction.

mine was £170 classic comprehensive for 2 bikes with an extensively modded tracker. Breakdown included £25 excess.

Same as last year in fact.

Just an update on my insurance.

I got a call back from Swintons on Thursday. The best offer they could manage was £157. The guy said that if I reduced the value of the bike and agreed to £200 voluntary excess he may be able to reduce the quote. I told him that I would be squeezed at both ends should I claim and there was no benefit to me. I declined renewing with them.

I got a call from them this morning (Saturday) saying that they had me down for a "call back". I explained to the telesales woman that I had declined a renewal on Thursday. She said would I mind if she had another look. Normally I would have not bothered but I am at home sipping tea so I let her proceed. After confirming my details and the bike mods she came up with..........................................£100.31. I have now renewed with Swintons.

Fully Comp

£2600 value

Includes mods - including a titanium scorpion pipe

10k miles

Pillion

No voluntary excess

Social, domestic, pleasure + commuting

cool, good deal. I live 5 miles from Swinton but that don't mean jack

I think Swinton used to be student insurers and were mainly found on Uni campus', they have grown since then. There is a local branch in my local town of Loughborough and I think that there used to be a branch in Harlow when I lived there.

It is quite funny with some of these company names. Bradford & Bingley for example. A TV ad a while ago depicted them as two city gents but they are actually 2 Yorkshire towns.

It is quite funny with some of these company names. Bradford & Bingley for example. A TV ad a while ago depicted them as two city gents but they are actually 2 Yorkshire towns.

:D

My latest Swinton (Aviva) online quote: £132.87

- Comprehensive

- Bike value: £1500.00

- Xena Alarm Disc-Lock + Tracker (DIY installs)

- Parked in private property

- 4000 miles/year

- Sole driver

- Pillion

- "UK and Home Breakdown cover"

- "Riders' Legal Protection" (at £30/year, included in the quote)

- Voluntary Excess: £0.00

- No Claims Bonus Protected: no

There's a "£30 cash back" offer at the moment, which would make the 1st payment: £102.87

I think it is pretty good for a new driver. :)

I bought the YBR new so I got the insurance deal (as opposed to the 4 years 0%)

£500 per year fully comp plus £50 personal injury cover up to £20k

1 Year RAC cover

Considering i'm 17 its a bloody good deal...

I go up to around £1100 next year

I'll be 18, with a full bike license and 1 year NCB

My latest Swinton (Aviva) online quote: £132.87

- Comprehensive

- Bike value: £1500.00

- Xena Alarm Disc-Lock + Tracker (DIY installs)

- Parked in private property

- 4000 miles/year

- Sole driver

- Pillion

- "UK and Home Breakdown cover"

- "Riders' Legal Protection" (at £30/year, included in the quote)

- Voluntary Excess: £0.00

- No Claims Bonus Protected: no

There's a "£30 cash back" offer at the moment, which would make the 1st payment: £102.87

I think it is pretty good for a new driver. :)

That is a very good deal.

Update: I somehow got things wrong, the first payment was actually £172.87 (excluding cash-back) but it's all good, I just want to get on with it. :D

I "passed" a ridiculously inadequate CBT on Sunday.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online