Fuel duty.....AGAIN

Blades_2
This post is 4410 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Turns out come August we will all be paying £1.40 per litre, want to pay £14 for 10 litres i dont.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/536

Please go and sign takes seconds to do and it might just work, might been operative

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

its gone to about £1.41.9 round my way today! some even charging £1.43.9!!!

Was in Cornwall a few weeks ago (i live in sheffield) i had to put £10 worth in at £1.47.9 Wasnt a happy man its a discrace.

We haven't got a choice, its not like there is somebody selling it for less to let markets control the value a little.

You have to put it in to get to work/shop etc.

Seeing as how by far the greater part of the fuel used is used by business you can stamp and shout all you like, the overpaid wankers in westminster won't give a monkeys as they can afford it, or claim it as an expence so couldn't care. The bussinesses will have to buy it or die. Tipper firm run by a bloke i know is too far in debt to sell, but cannot afford to continue for long. He's bankrupt either way unless fuel drops.

The man in the street, or more accurately the working man with his own house a missus (working too) and a couple of kids amounts to 20% of the population and were paying for the other 80.

When you consider a pensioner having worked their entire life gets half what the average immigrant gets and don't get me going on social lakeys. There are 2 women within 200yards of my house. BOTH were preggs within weeks of the 'Benefits reduce when the kid is seven' thing came about.

My sister in law lived in india for a while, know what you get there if you claim refugee status? A bowl of fucking rice a day. Need some of that here. An i don't mean with a tika sauce.

The whole sorry stack of shit will collapse, its when not if.

Politics has become so utterly self serving, un policed and tainted i get really pissed off just thinking about it.

Sorry rant over,

Was in Cornwall a few weeks ago (i live in sheffield) i had to put £10 worth in at £1.47.9 Wasnt a happy man its a discrace.

I live in cornwall and pay around £1.34 at the moment. God knows where you went!

talk about "out of touch with the common man/woman/family/buisness,NHS and worker!" it winds me up too cynic it winds everyone up! the public can vote but the people in power dictate then we are powerless to say no try it this way!

I was in St ives and it was just east off bodmin moor i payed £1.47 at a BP garage, theirs irony for you British petrolium lol.....and yes i agree no longer will the average working man or woman be able to afford cars, the problem with that is out off the vast number off workers in this country i wager 95% use some form off transport to commute, further still just about 99% off things you buy from anywhere at some point transported by something which needed a combustion engine which needs PETROL.

I was in St ives and it was just east off bodmin moor i payed £1.47 at a BP garage, theirs irony for you British petrolium lol.....and yes i agree no longer will the average working man or woman be able to afford cars, the problem with that is out off the vast number off workers in this country i wager 95% use some form off transport to commute, further still just about 99% off things you buy from anywhere at some point transported by something which needed a combustion engine which needs PETROL.

Correction everything and i mean everything (from wank mags to eco freindly greeny save the planet garbage) you buy will be connected at some point, usually many times more than you think to a truck. Simple. Fuel goes up EVERYTHING GOES UP.

fuck that, i'll just bring a camel back from over here, that'll do for transport!

gonna have to get rid of the sportage aswell, can't survive with 20mpg :(

Stop riding, then.

Get jobs closer to home and walk or cycle, stop using vehicles, stop buying fuel and let them fail.

But you're stuck needing a vehicle, to get to the only job you could get?

Oh well. Shut up, lose all your money to the government, hurry up and die, so they can take your estate as well.

Riot?

Revolt?

Revolution?

No chance - Last time anything even vaguely similar happened, it lapsed into a meaningless short burst of violence by yobs against commoners, condemned by all. No-one in power was even remotely aware, unless they had to get out of bed that day and make some sort of pre-written speech decrying it.

No-one cares, but you.

So either shut up and put up, or DO something about it.

Filling in a survey that says, "Ooh, we don't like this" isn't going to change a thing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online