This post is 4356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys! I representing the shit have hit the fan, i have a b reg xs250, and nearly all the carb parts and things alike stopped being easily available in like 82. desperately trying to find carb to block manifolds for 1985 xs250 se.

so far to this collection of love and cuddles i have, cleaned carbs (need cleaning again) restored the front caliper, changed pads, changed rear shoes, changed sprockets, changed chain, currently in process of leathering the rear tail plastics and the side plastics, have replaced old air filters with conicals, have a motad 2 into 1 pipe, changed front wheel bearings.

i've test ridden her, brilliant fun and a nice yet tame roar when building up in revs :).

however, i am still rather novice with mechanics and such wonders, how would one up the air fuel mixture to stop running lean? and has anyone seen yamaha xs250 se carb to engine rubbers?

much appreciated guys, discuss :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey guys! I representing the shit have hit the fan, i have a b reg xs250, and nearly all the carb parts and things alike stopped being easily available in like 82. desperately trying to find carb to block manifolds for 1985 xs250 se.

so far to this collection of love and cuddles i have, cleaned carbs (need cleaning again) restored the front caliper, changed pads, changed rear shoes, changed sprockets, changed chain, currently in process of leathering the rear tail plastics and the side plastics, have replaced old air filters with conicals, have a motad 2 into 1 pipe, changed front wheel bearings.

i've test ridden her, brilliant fun and a nice yet tame roar when building up in revs :).

however, i am still rather novice with mechanics and such wonders, how would one up the air fuel mixture to stop running lean? and has anyone seen yamaha xs250 se carb to engine rubbers?

much appreciated guys, discuss :P

try this place

1985 xs250? never heard of them.

plenty of spares around. cmsnl.com in Europe.

yam aha still sell a lot of spares

eBay is also your friend. I would up jet the mains at least 2 levels.

• 1 month later...

You'll need to work out where its running lean, and adjust the jets for that position accordingly, roughly half open throttle is your needle, and fully open is the main jet. Bigger jet sizes is more fuel, you need to know your stock sizes and up a few sizes to which is best. Make sure you get the threat size right too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online