TTR600 Rear Axle Nut Sourcing - Help!

FlyZanzibar
This post is 4373 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So. I was changing my chain the other day, routine job, as you do.

I put the nut back on the ale, and started to tighten it up, as again, you do.

Then I started noticing how long I'd been sat here for, tightening away.

As it turns out, the previous owner hadn't used a high-tensile nut on the axle, meaning I've completely threaded the nut. It's now SMOOTH inside.

So, my steadily-more-urgent problem now, is WHERE DO I FIND ONE QUICK?!

It's an M18 x 1.5 nut.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry, completely forgot about this thread! I found one eventually, from a shop in Southampton. Didn't arrive till yesterday, but still, they were nice :)

Also, never heard of Yambits before, looks good, thanks for the suggestion.

The shop in So'ton were a parts dealer anyway, so they just ordered one. I looked on Yambits afterwards, when you mentioned it, but my bike isn't listed. I'm sure they could help if I rang them up.

Regardless, this shop gave me the part number, so if I ever need one again (which I won't...), I can ask almost anyone. I'm still looking for a good parts fiche though, if you have any suggestions.

I get all my TTR bits from a Yamaha dealer such as Webbs of Lincoln or Granbys, as Airhead said its not an old bike so all the parts are available.

Just got the rear blue fender cowl coming and as the parts are Acerbies not a lot of money considering £38.00 plus the decals.

Just done a major engine rebuild on mine and just had a new conrod, main end and big end bearings together with full gasket set,

not cheap but will be good until i get too old to start it.

Its at this stage now so nearly finished it.

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

Gonna be too good to green lane when it finished but at least it will be right.

TTB

Wow, it looks much shinier than mine! I use mine as a road bike, since I'm only allowed 33 horses between my knees atm :( I want to take it green laning at some point, since I've been given knobbly tyres, but I'd still be scared of breaking it! At least I have an electric start though...

I've found a good source of general parts now, thanks for the help. I've also used Wemoto for pattern parts, and cheap filters.

Anyway, thanks for all the help, much appreciated!

Wow, it looks much shinier than mine! I use mine as a road bike, since I'm only allowed 33 horses between my knees atm :( I want to take it green laning at some point, since I've been given knobbly tyres, but I'd still be scared of breaking it! At least I have an electric start though... I've found a good source of general parts now, thanks for the help. I've also used Wemoto for pattern parts, and cheap filters. Anyway, thanks for all the help, much appreciated!

Wemoto are good but they did send me the wrong oil filter which could have been a disaster for my new engine rebuild if i didnt know better.

The RE isnt a bad bike and as you say easier to start but i do like the R version more.

You wont break it so dont woirry about that , just get out there and have ago , its great fun.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online