xvs 125-starting /running problem

jimmythemoonlight
This post is 4189 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just to update .......still collecting dust in the garage, at least my powder coated frame aint going to rust.....i guess its not my time to hit the open road yet .....is there a for sale column on this site ?? or possibly a fully trained yamaha psyciatrist or should i say shrink.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would Blackcurrant Juice help........?

Detox.....

• 3 months later...

heads up fellow children of the corn...............i will be getting my bike engine back from an old mate of mine who has rebuilt the engine ....just a matter of time now till i will finally get to hear the beast running. i will look forward to rasping around the neighborhood , you might recognise me ...i will be the one with dead flies on my teeth

• 2 weeks later...

thanks sorry, i forgot to mention i had swapped the plug leads round to all the configurations and tried a start to no avail , i then put the wires for the plugs in the correct format reference the manuel, i am gratefull for any suggestions as i am truly baffled...and i am far from an expert..

Did u fill the bore with petrol? if u did u need to manually rotate the crank and remove the fill. Wrong configurations of the hoses likely to cause this.

mine did something similar when i first got it (it came to me as an unfinished project)

look down at your carb i dont know the correct name but there is a screw an a metal stub if you turn the screw anticlockwise this will drain the fuel from the carb (use a aersol cap to catch it)

mine appeared to be air locked an no fuel would drain out i think it worked in the end by removing the fuel cap drained the carb a few times removed the air filter gave it a squirt of easy start an it fired up

not sure if this will work for you but its worth a try have you tried to start it using easy start

I have sometimes seen water accumulation in the petcock and sometimes in carb compartment. Did u check those? Water probably came from the tank...

• 1 month later...

hello guys, well what can i say.... its been 12 months now a whole load of man hours and nearly 2 grand and i still dont know what the engine sounds like..however it really aint going to be long now...turns out according to my motor headed chum (who i now regard as my savior) ..the engine that i purchased was duff..... in true syle i was stitched up like a kipper again..., the pots where scored piston rings buggered and just to top that the gear linkages were all bent out of shape....however having the origional engine with generally better bits on it (besides the rear crank bearing which was the problem) my mechanical guru has grafted all the good bits together thus creating an engine that will be all but perfect!!! my mechanical guru has had the lump for what seams like forever but i know he is going to give it me back complete and thoroughly sound..its just the gear linkage switch over that is left...i was hoping to get it back today but that hasnt happened....theres allways tomorow..... fingers crossed...........................

• 2 weeks later...

well there children of the corn...........i have a running beast, purrs like an affrican bullfrog on crack, took it for a spin at the weekend and it was just damn fine, highway hawk pipes give it a tasty throatyness, ahhh 12 months of near pain and frustration has gone...got my insurance and getting a mot test on it ....ready to slowly go where everyone has gone before......yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh whoop whooooooopppppp . i am one happy ugly bastard .......and a big thanks to those who took the time to help me with advise and all that ..turns out i was mugged off with two dodgy engines ...morrel of the story is ....you cant polish a turd.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online