Lifesavers while walking?

ddlooping
This post is 4410 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

16 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever caught yourself doing lifesavers while walking?

• Often
    • Rarely
    • Never
    • What's a lifesaver?

Hi all :)

While walking to the DVLA this afternoon, to apply for a British driver's license, I caught myself regularly doing "lifesavers" to see if I could "safely overtake" another pedestrian. :D

I think it's something I've always been doing naturally but only made the bike connection today.

Is it something you've noticed yourself doing too?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I passed some fit birds while walking the other day and checked my left mirror :crazy:

Funny topic this, But, when me and my lad walk down to our local football club on Saturday, him being about 6' 4" and me being only 5' 8" he keeps slowing down and doing a "lifesaver" over his right shoulder to see if I'm still keeping up with him. He then adjusts his pace. At one time I used to try and keep pace with him but now I walk at my own pace and he keeps stopping.

In the end, we still get there before the game starts.

Funny topic this, But, when me and my lad walk down to our local football club on Saturday, him being about 6' 4" and me being only 5' 8" he keeps slowing down and doing a "lifesaver" over his right shoulder to see if I'm still keeping up with him. He then adjusts his pace...

I did that all the time when walking in groups. It's become such a reflex that I even did it at my father's funeral, to see if he was keeping pace. :mellow:

I even did it at my father's funeral, to see if he was keeping pace. :mellow:

Well, did he keep up? or was he in no hurry to get there. :icon_sad:

Got into the habit of that running up to my DAS test :-)

My mate does, but then again he has Tourettes. :eusa_shifty:

I'm always doing it if I ever push a trolley round the supermarket... I even catch myself in 'riding mode' trying to avoid all the terrbily unaware shoppers. I then get outside and hope to hell that I never meet any of those people on the road!

I'm really good at dodgems, its like a precursor for riding a motorbike.

I'm always doing it if I ever push a trolley round the supermarket... I even catch myself in 'riding mode' trying to avoid all the terrbily unaware shoppers. I then get outside and hope to hell that I never meet any of those people on the road!

I thought exactly the same in Asda the other day, no one looks where theyre walking when shopping!

i do it all the time .......never realized it till now though ........mad

I do the life saver while walking and when driving the car! lol