front mudguard (fender)

Chris_Lowe
This post is 4421 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just ask your friendly local MoT station. You should get n answer straight away. Personally I think it is necessary but I do remember seeing some choppers recently without them. Although it may be relative to how the original 'registered' bike left the factory.

hmm ok ill call em and find out. the bike is an import so not sure how easy it will be to find info about it as standard, im just concerned that i may get pulled over due to not having it although i too have seen bikes on the road without front mudguards. maybe ill just leave it on and chop it down instead :)

i think its up to the mot place but have you driven in the rain without a front fender??? the water flicks up covering your head (and visor) in water/dirt .......so not so good in the rain.

best bet is have it on for mot then whip it off on a nice day (if you wanted to)

I thought that the top of the tyre had to be covered across the full width. Not too sure about the length.

No mention of it here though LINKY

In "FRONT SUSPENSION" section of your LINK it says this "Some fork arrangements rely on the bracing incorporated in the mudguard fixings to maintain their alignment. A mudguard insecurely fixed to the forks may therefore adversely affect the handling of the machine". So unless I miss my guess if it's not there they can't fail it? Bloody horrible on a wet day tho you and the bike will look a right mess after a couple of miles. Good link tho dirty. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online