Crash/engine bars on a XVS125?

ddlooping
This post is 4406 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

DD, if you wish to put crash bars/fender trims saddlebags etc on your bike, dont worry about any loss of performance, youll hardly notice.

Im saying nowt else on the subject as i fail to understand the logic behind some other comments :sleeping:

Good luck with bike, looks a nice one

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

DD, if you wish to put crash bars/fender trims saddlebags etc on your bike, dont worry about any loss of performance, youll hardly notice.

It already has crashbars and handlebars saddlebags*. :D

If I do enjoy biking I'll probably "upgrade" to a 650 in the near future, so I'm not that bothered about the loss of a few miles/hour. ;)

(I know it doesn't sound very logical but who cares, lol)

Good luck with bike, looks a nice one

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

*edit

No doubt the bobber brigade will say otherwise :crazy:

What's this "fender" creature you speak of? ;)

In all fairness, I don't think you can compare bobbers and cruisers. The whole point of a bobber is to remove stuff. Cruisers are all about attaching extras. It's just that to us, it looks a lot like you've somehow made your bike magnetic and then ridden it through the highway hawk parts warehouse. And I suppose to cruiser fans, bobbers look like they were stolen from half way down the production line. :lol:

Just to make it clear, I don't really intend to attach "extras" for the sake of it, I'm mainly inquiring about what "extras" can actually make the bike safer.

Remember I'm a learner. :)

Actually, I'm not even a learner as I'm still waiting for my British license to pass my CBT. :D

If I do enjoy riding I'll try and pass the DAS asap and will probably "upgrade" to a bigger Dragstar or similar bike, so I don't really want to spend too much on the XVS125, especially if the safety improvement would be minimal. ;)

Just to make it clear, I don't really intend to attach "extras" for the sake of it, I'm mainly inquiring about what "extras" can actually make the bike safer.

Remember I'm a learner. :)

Actually, I'm not even a learner as I'm still waiting for my British license to pass my CBT. :D

If I do enjoy riding I'll try and pass the DAS asap and will probably "upgrade" to a bigger Dragstar or similar bike, so I don't really want to spend too much on the XVS125, especially if the safety improvement would be minimal. ;)

in that case .....no add on part will make it "safer" to ride. if you have the crash bars and fender trims then fine it could help. but the main thing to being "safe" is riding safely, doing all your lifesavers, and treating everybody else on the road like they have just escaped from the loony bin! expect that car to pull out on you, expect that buss to sudenly stop dead, expect a car to overtake round a blind corner and nearly knock you off. ........im not trying to put you off just saying the best way to be safe when riding is to expect other people to do stupid things.

Thanks, Paul. :)

I've ridden mopeds, scooters and bicycles quite regularly (if not recently) so I'm quite aware of the risks involved in riding on two wheels and the threats posed by other road users, hazards and even oneself.

If I do end-up enjoying riding, I intend to take an advance driving course asap to be the best driver I can be.

Unless these are not worth taking!? :D

Me and the other half used to go all over on the XVS125 and it was great. True it wasn't the fastest thing on the road (& Whitby to malton was possibly the most painful thing we ever did) but the bike would get up to 55/60 on most roads which was fine for getting about. Yes the bigger bike makes it more comfortable but the 125 can take two

A good rider training school will have all of the contacts that you need for any advanced training. Once youve got your CBT and had a few months riding experience, ask at your local library to borrow the Police Motorcycle Riders Handbook. Invaluable.

Me and the other half used to go all over on the XVS125 and it was great. True it wasn't the fastest thing on the road (& Whitby to malton was possibly the most painful thing we ever did) but the bike would get up to 55/60 on most roads which was fine for getting about. Yes the bigger bike makes it more comfortable but the 125 can take two

That's good to know, thanks. :)

A good rider training school will have all of the contacts that you need for any advanced training. Once youve got your CBT and had a few months riding experience, ask at your local library to borrow the Police Motorcycle Riders Handbook. Invaluable.

Thanks for the info, 'neversaydie'. :)

Once youve got your CBT and had a few months riding experience, ask at your local library to borrow the Police Motorcycle Riders Handbook. Invaluable.

Second-hand, it is valued at about £3 inc. p&p at amazon.co.uk, where I've just ordered it from. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online