help

Tian Rees
This post is 4422 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok so been having problems starting her in the cold weather ive had now she had new batt and plugs so not sure what next thing is i covered her up at work and she started on the button but it was raningso on my 20 mile trip home from work i lost cylinders 2 and 3 checked all my leads and cables alll connections seam good so going to try a new coil pack but after that im lost lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like a fueling problem, why replace coils if all looks good, :eusa_snooty: ,, drain float bowls, am going for water in petrol , with winter lay-off,

If it is raining and cylinders drop it is usually a sign of plugs arcing out.

I would agree with Blackhat and then check the plug caps. Are they a loose fit to the plugs? Are they a loose fit to the HT lead? Sometimes you have to unscrew the plug from the HT lead, trim a little off the lead, and then re-screw in the plug caps. Make sure that you do not trim too much so the lead no longer reaches the plug. Have the plug caps cracked or perished? Also check the coil earths.

prob not the same ( not sure ) but my sisters cbr 400 was a pain to start and kept cutting out all 4 leads had week sparks so i took the 2 coil packs off cleaned and filed them and the frame to make a good ground and bingo no probs ( as yet ) all working good could this meger bit of info be any use ..lol