remote start problems

jigger
This post is 4422 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi peeps i brung myself a alarm and remote start kit alarm all fitted but the remote start wont work it turns the engine but wont run ??? can anybody shed some light please i am asumeing the yzf r comes wih a fitted immobiliser by the way it ic a cyclone v2 alarm( i am pleased with the alarm bit lol)_ cheers guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What possible benefit is there to remote start on a motorcycle....... :eusa_think:

Oh fair enough, perfectly valid.

I watched the real A and E at the weekend and it featured a bloke who had a remote starter for his van. It crushed him against a wall and put him in hospital.

I know it's not the same as a bike, but just be careful.

that wont be a worry at the mo cus i cant figure how to bypass the immobiliser bit .. lol

Can you also remote stop it after you have hidden behind a bush and remote started it and some nobwit has jumped on and trying to ride it away :spin2: ?

So with the remote start I assume you dont need the keys in the ignition, so once started, keys in your pocket, so seriously what happens when you stop and want to turn it off does it automatically then turn everything off?

I have a Datatool alarm that sets it self after about 20 seconds of turning off the ignition, wish I could change it so it only sets when I want it too, as I spend more time blipping the ruddy thing off while I am pushing the bike out of the garage and up my drive than actually pushing.

TBH its a pain in the arse, i had a keyless ig on my suzuki breifly. Had a keyfob to turn on and off. Several times it shut the bike down in my pocket. I ended up fitting an overide under the seat.

its a good gimic serves no real purpose lol

BUT YES YOU CAN SWITCH IT OFF WITH THE FOB SO... IF YOU USE THE KET TO START YOU SWITCH OFF AS NORM . IF YOU REMOTE START ( THE BIKE HAS TO BE IN NEUTRAL ) LOL THE BIKE CANT BE RIDDEN WITHOUT THE KEY IN THE IGNITION IT WILL JUST CUT OUT WHEN PUT INTO GEAR AND YOU HAVE TO USE THE FOB TO SWITCH IT OFF IT ALSO BLEEPS AT YOU TO REMIND YOU TO SET THE ALARM ALL FOR £30 GREAT BARGIN .. LOL :babyha:

I dunno Jigger, these fob contact whatever they are, are ok when they work, but when I got my current bike (divvy) my bike all of a sudden didn't recgonise the fob/contact bit on the bike, luckily I was outside my house. If I had been on my travels up to 60 miles away, I would have been stranded in the middle of nowhere. In the snow :o My wife wondering if I were going to get home with our lad on the back. :icon_sad:

So. I disconnected the bloody thing, and have had no trouble as of yet to starting the bike.

lol true i can still use the key :idea: the remote start is ( really for me just to warm the bike up for me to ride i start work at 5 am so dont want to be stood there so i have my brekkie and the bike is ready when i am lol ) just a gimmick as i need to put the key in to unlock the steering lock anyways lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online