New Ignition Coils Available

We are often asked for ignition coils so have sort a supplier who can provide good quality products (not made in china).

We are please to be able to offer replacement ignition coils for early DT/IT/YZ/TY machines with points ignition at £24.95. These fit a large range of machines, fitting details is on the product's page, click on the title to open the list.

This coil also fits the FS1 DX and FS1E for example

We have stock of coils for TX/XS250/400/500/650 at £20.50 ea.

We offer a one year warranty on all our products

These are very nicley made replica coils and have a good reputation for being reliable.

The link to our coils page is below:

http://www.rexs-spee...l_Products/Igni

358nc61.jpg

f3w0f5.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The coils in the first picture does anyone know how to wire them in?! I've got a newtronic electronic ignition systesm, and these coils. Will a single bullet connector in and a HT lead out. 

The wiring diagram shows a red/white cable running to each coil, but these coils dont have them? Do I just run the red/white to the steel surrounding the coil?

HI waddy,   I wired a Rex  CDI to my DT250 [ removed points,]  the wire from coil [ same as picture ]  went to the orange on cdi,  the cdi black white goes to Ignition, [ turn/off]  the coil earths itself to frame. 

Edited by blackhat250

Ahhh right, so the red/white I want to run from the ignition switch through a 30A fuse I assume. 

I am having a kick start only, with a simple key switch on/off. So I assume that from the 30A slot on the fusebox will connect to the red and white on my electronic ignition (CDI unit)

Yip.  white/red,  and brown from  stator  energize the CDI box,,   orange to coil,.   [ for spark]  and black/white from ignition/ bar kill switch. to  BLACK/W on CDI box,  , and that's it,,;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Tried this at the weekend.  No luck.  

Used a multimeter to check for any charge coming down the wire to the coil.  No luck.  

The day after the battery was dead, so it's possible that the battery was very low when I was trying it. Not so low it couldn't power the lights, but close have been low. 

If it had low power what's the liklihood of getting absolutely nothing down the coil wire. 

If it had low power what's the liklihood of getting absolutely nothing down the coil wire. 

erm , yes no power = no spark you need the amperage as well as the volts

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys.......all tech enquiries need to go direct to our website. We don't always see posts on forums.

• 2 years later...