Additional lights, (dipped beam not headlight beam)

Marc001
This post is 4417 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Does anybody know of a good place to get additional headlight(s) for my xj600s. The beam isn't great on dipped, so was thinking of maybe an additional light, perhaps just need an upgraded bulb. Just a quick look in Halfords for example and i find Ring do these for cars, but they tend to be called driving lights which am i wrong in thinking are main beam not dipped?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depending what bike you have add some auxilary spot lights like you see on big adventure bikes?

Halfords have some nice small foglights, great for dipped beam

...sorry. Touratech do some but they cost an arm and a leg. Best bet would be to google 'motorcycle auxilary lights' and see what you fancy.

Id have them on a seperate switch so if you come across a dark unlit country lane with no other vehicles you could have them on with the full beam too.

heres what i run:

DSC01205.jpg

a pair of Ring Polars i bought in Halfords for £10.

DSC01207.jpg

had to use 10W bulbs as 2 x 55W was draining the battery after a long, slowish ride.

works a treat.