Police versus cameras

Alan
This post is 6970 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Driving home from work this morning (yeah I was in the car) deserted road, 30 mph limit and I'm doing about 40. A car comes hurtling up behind me so I slow down. suddenly there's these blue flashing lights in me mirrors. I pull up at the side of the road and wind the window down. Officer asks me why he pulled me up so I said I didn't know. He informed me that I was doing 50 mph and he had to get a shift on to catch me up! He asked me my name to check ownership of car,asked me if I'd been drinking (I hadn't), told him I was on me way home from work - he asked me where I worked and I told him. He let me go - no ticket or nothing.

Same scenario but with a camera

40 mph in a 30 limit and FLASH fixed penalty fine and three points on your licence!

Police good cameras bad!

The really funny thing about this is - I took the car in for MOT yesterday and replaced the blown number plate light bulb and a brake light bulb (they hadn't been working for a fortnight) I only did the bulbs because of the MOT!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I swear, sometimes the police think they've got nothing better to do than harrass people & let 'em go because they can't be arsed to do the paperwork :rolleyes:

I swear, sometimes the police think they've got nothing better to do than harrass people & let 'em go because they can't be arsed to do the paperwork :rolleyes:

Yeah it must have been a boring night for them. It's just that I was gobsmacked when he told me I was doing 50.

I'd say that he'd have no camera evidence and couldn't do a thing about it.

And ive had a cop pull me over for riding my push bike home @ 1am, wasn't speeding, wasn't doing anything just crusing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or its actually because the police can't write!!! all they can do is drive a car and speak.

come to bristol bloody speed cameras are popping up all over the place there r 3 new ones in the last week no warnings or nothing bastards its lucky i dont speed anymore so i am ok lol. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

so long as you dont give a bad reply or give a police man a bad attitude most police men can be very resnable,i got pulled doing 37 in a 30 and all i got was advice about late night drinkers were about,no ticket or producer,mind you i did also go through a radar trap with the van i was driving off hte clock and never got pulled over,mind you the motorcycle cop did wave his radar at me! the speedo only read to 85mph

I wont complain as long as I don't get any points or a fine.