DT175MX throttle cable

burton500
This post is 4467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, need a bit of advice about the square junction box on the throttle cable. Where the oil pump cable and the carb cable meet, there is a white round plastic housing. Is that round housing supposed to be able to rotate?

My one gradually gets pulled in one direction, so that eventually the bike won’t tick over below 2500rpm, because the cable is being pulled tighter.

The Haynes manual doesn’t appear to help, so wonder if anyone here has had this happen.

Cheers

Lee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think you will find the round housing with the oil pump and throttle cable around it is as you say supposed to rotate. I remember looking at the one on the DT125MX I had and it looks like as you open the throttle the round part in the middle rotates to take up the slack in the two cables then locks in position by small " Teeth" around the outside". Are both bottom oil pump and throttle cables free and not seized ? I seem to remember you can disconnect both cables from the junction box to see if they're free. It mentions the junction box in the Haynes manual for the DT125R and says NOT to lube with grease or oil but to use WD40.

Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online