New toy - I can't wait!

vic-fzr600
This post is 4433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks!

In my last post I mentioned I was looking for a new project.

Well, just paid the deposit on my new baby!

I've bought a Honda VFR400 NC30.

Its got a full Tyga fairing kit, seat unit etc.

Been sitting for a while but runs, so hopefully a good service, clean fuel & degunked carbs should sort that.

Paintwork isn't to my liking so that'll be getting redone too, but that's the fun of a project - stamping your own personality on it.

Can't wait to get it home, probably be the weekend at the earliest but I'm so pleased!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeeeee Haaaaa, fair play to ya Vic.

Keep us posted and give us a pic of her.

Hopefully youll put it in the projects section so we can follow. But saying that it takes a hell of a lot of work to take loads of pictures or rather remember to take them.

Best of luck with her,,, there a fine wee bike the NC30

Thanks folks

I've wanted one for ages.

I'll def be doing a project thread Pat, looking forward to some tinkering again.

Hopefully get it home at the weekend, its a bit of a drive (about 2 1/2 hours each way) but will be worth it.

Heres the only pic i have at the min. I think it has potential after some TLC.

May not be everyones taste but i love the fairings & seat kit. Doesnt look like a 20 year old bike!

IMG_2327.png

I do like that! well done Vic on a nice find!

well a 2.5 hour drive there could turn into a 5 hour ride home ;) lol

I do like that! well done Vic on a nice find!

well a 2.5 hour drive there could turn into a 5 hour ride home ;) lol

Lol, I wish! But it's not road legal at the min. Needs lights etc finished but I wanted a project anyway.

The more I look, I'm starting to think it's actually the K Conversions kit instead of Tyga - but I don't care, I love how it looks :)

good buy Vic " i can see it now ,, red/white/blue . white wheels , single sided swinger ,,,, will be the dogs " :doggy:

good buy Vic " i can see it now ,, red/white/blue . white wheels , single sided swinger ,,,, will be the dogs " :doggy:

Thanks, at the minute I'm thinking White & black (will post a pic later) with subtle hints of carbon fibre (real stuff not the vinyl shite) but as with all projects these ideas could change!!

Thanks, at the minute I'm thinking White & black (will post a pic later) with subtle hints of carbon fibre (real stuff not the vinyl shite) but as with all projects these ideas could change!!

I'm with John on this one

Nice bike, iv been tempted by one for years!

I'm with John on this one

Dunno yet, want to get it home and get it mechanically sorted first. Then the cosmetics will follow. They're a great wee bike, very lively even with a lardass like me on board!!

So frustrating!!

Due to transport issues I can't collect my new baby until next Saturday. :(

I'm busting to get it home & start on my project.

Ah well, good things come to those who wait...

Dont worry Vic

You can use the time to tidy the shed and have it ready for full on Project NC 30

Dont worry Vic

You can use the time to tidy the shed and have it ready for full on Project NC 30

Funny u should mention it, shed got reworked on Thursday!! Lol.

Trying to resist the temptation to buy bits off eBay before it arrives, just incase somethin goes tits up. Even sent the guy an extra deposit to prove I'm not a time waster.

Woohoo!!

It's home!! Been a long day & lots of miles but think itll be worth it in the end.

Needs mainly cosmetic work & the usual stuff you'd expect from sitting.

I'll take some pics tomorrow in the daylight & start a project thread.

Time for pizza and beer....

Woohoo!!

It's home!! Been a long day & lots of miles but think itll be worth it in the end.

Needs mainly cosmetic work & the usual stuff you'd expect from sitting.

I'll take some pics tomorrow in the daylight & start a project thread.

Time for pizza and beer....

Good man Vic,,,,,bring on the pics.

I'm allready on the beer for some reason,,,,,god nowys why,,,,but im lovin it B)