YBR Bar ends

sisu
This post is 4467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

Following a blown over bike (appartently a centre stand and the most sheltered place in the drive isn't good enough [ok the bike cover may have contributed]!) necesitating the second clutch lever replacement ... first being a slightly bent one when I got bike :-) I am fitting a couple of bar ends. Following a complete failure to source specific YBR ones I picked up Halfords generic fit ones of expanding rubber type but they don't have any instructions.

The actual 'fitting' is pretty obvious but looking for advice from anyone who has actually done this. Basically my query is, do I simply cut out the rubber at the end of the grips and insert? Obviously there is an issue with clearance on the throttle side ... do I just leave a couple of mil so that the grip doesn't bind on the bar end or is there a more 'engineered' solution?

Any advice appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Mervin, no washer with the ends ... will see if I can source something.

Will give it a go when I can find a plastic washer that might suit (I see a trip to B&Q plumbing dept in my future), worst I can do is need to buy another grip if I screw it up :eusa_whistle:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online