Tidy my dt up

dpreece
This post is 4446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I got a dt 125 that's looking abit old mostly rust on the frame and swing arm I'm not that wise to bike at the more and I was woundering can I spray the frame with out taking the engine out and all out?? And with the swing arm how do you go about removing it??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depends how good you are with a spray can,, Your better off getting yourself a few small boxes and stripping the bike down, also get yourself a manual, take loads of photos of it so if you get stuck you can relate to the photo, :)

Hi

Removing swing arm you ave to release monoshock pin and the pinion bolt that runs through the frame & swing arm and obviously the rear wheel all pretty simple . When I did this I bought a new swing arm bolt and bush set from ebay for £20 worth doing this whilst its of. Jap lac is also a good paint to use on the frame it gives a good finish even though its brush applied. ope this elps

You could easily strip the whole bike down in a day and have the engine out of the frame. If you do just make sure you put everything in some sort of order so that it goes back how you took it out.

Good excuse to give everything a good clean too =)