Kawa*ki GPZ600R, any good?

wild foamy
This post is 4455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps.

a Kawasaki GPZ600R has just cropped up and it could be mine for about £350, it needs a side panel, a battery and the calipers rebuilt, is it worth that money or not?

- Foameh

it ahs 55k on the clock

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the listed faults you mention may well be the tip of the iceberg, tread with caution foamy, it sounds to good to be true at that price.

Cheers for the input lads its much appreciated, there was a GPZ600 on ebay not long ago that failed to sell for £205 with less miles on and the same kinda problems that this GPZ has, i understand that a battery is very much a consumable item (the XJ has averaged 1 a year, batteries are £20), panels are available for £20 and less, and its a 1987, does this change the standing with this bike?

Seems like the ideal kinda bike if you fancy racing a F-14 down the runway or going off to roger your teacher

I think that was the GPZ900 Foamy. Still really heavy and scary at speed.

wot you saying newman , that foamy is puney and might not be able to take it off the side stand :hah:

Never met him Kev but hopefully he will turn up for the camping weekend and buy a round. He must be saving a fortune not riding that Turbo of his around.

My mate had one back in the day. It was riding a coal wagon but didn't handle quite as well. .

No I still felt it was too much money to be spending, I did make a cheeky offer but not heard anything more :(

I wouldn't mind buying a few beers at the camping weekend, maybe finding myself some hot young biker chick and rock the tent a bit, I may only weigh 60kg but its not the size of the hammer but the length of the nail that counts ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online