What should I do about my ugly plastics?

KristianAerox
This post is 4458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an aerox yq100 with terrible looking plastics, there must be a scuff on every single one, just wondering what I could do with them? could I spray them and actually get a good finish with spray cans? or would it be possible to vinyl wrap them? I know that you may just be thinking why I don't replace them but Im a student and therefore have barely any cash! so what do you think?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

aye you could spray them i reckon, use primer suitable for plastics, key them a little with scotchbrite and smooth the scuffs

or there again you could just leave them because they might look better now than after youve done them :eusa_whistle:

I was just thinking....the better and more shiny you make them

the more ugly they will look when you look closely !

our local (polish garage people) just sprayed my mates aerox 100 panals ,in white , for £90 all in .

drive around your local industriel estates and ask around.

i second the above

usually there are businesses who do brilliant work but never advertise it, start talking to other biking/engineering people and see who they know, visit your local car modification shop, if they can't do it they may know a company or bloke who does

If your a Uni student then ask in your engineering/machine shop, talk to one of the lecturers and see if they might be looking for a project to get on with, if you don't mind some hairy arsed group of trainee mechanics having a go and it's free, tho to be honest it might need respraying after they have finished. :crazy:

the above is a great idea , i remember taking my mini clubman to one of these when i was in collage,

they are wached by a skilled teacher ,so you shouldn't have any worries.

thanks guys! the only issue is I never have as much as 90 quid and it might seem rediculous but there are no jobs anywhere anymore so will have to save some cash! Im just wondering has anybody had any experience with vehicle wrapping and how difficult is it too get a good finish? its just much cheaper than getting it sprayed somewhere as it would only cost me £25 for the vinyl I need and that is much more within my price range as money is tight and this is a mega budget project.

if cash is so tight, i would leave it as it is and enjoy riding it instead of worrying about what, knobheads ,thought about it.

Up.yours can be a bit blunt about some things but he's spot on with this one, who gives a shit what it looks like, your on it and can't see it anyway, just avoid looking in shop windows as you go by and you'll be fine. :biglaugha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online