bike security

Guest Tomg
This post is 6965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im sure many of you out there when we get off our pride and joy, you wonder when you come out of a shop will it still be their...

as a new be biker and a newbie to the forum i was wondering on my tzr is it worth getting any security devices. i have a disc lock and a chain but is it enough?? should i invest in a datatag or smartwater device or an alarm??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I still haven't bought my bike yet, but when i do i'll also be getting one of those covers, to stop twits doing stupid things on the way past, like with key's or gum. Wont stop a bike being stolen but stops the little anoying things (i hope).

I still haven't bought my bike yet, but when i do i'll also be getting one of those covers, to stop twits doing stupid things on the way past, like with key's or gum.  Wont stop a bike being stolen but stops the little anoying things (i hope).

The thing with DataTag & Smartwater, they dont stop the bike being stolen. They might help get the bike back but thats all. The best protection despite what anybody tells you is a garage or a shed. Having the bike out of sight gives it a 74% better chance of not getting stolen. If you cant put it in a shed or garage make sure you chain it to something. (Lamposts are good).

You will get a discount on your insurance for DATATAG (5%) most companies. You would get a much higher discount if the bike could be garaged.

• Admin

To be honest mate if your that worried about leaving your bike there dont! I know thats not much help, but what i mean to say is try and park it somewhere safer. Like somewhere well lit, near where people are more likely to walk past etc... and still fit chain and disk lock. Its better to walk an extra 5 mins to park it, then to walk an 2 hours home :)

A lot of insurance brokers ask if an alarm is fitted. To be honest an alarm's only good if you are close enough to hear it. Nobody pays any attention to alarms going off!

A lot of insurance brokers ask if an alarm is fitted. To be honest an alarm's only good if you are close enough to hear it. Nobody pays any attention to alarms going off!

unless you're a bird Alan...then they try to copy it...lol :rolleyes:

The thing with DataTag & Smartwater, they dont stop the bike being stolen. They might help get the bike back but thats all. The best protection despite what anybody tells you is a garage or a shed. Having the bike out of sight gives it a 74% better chance of not getting stolen. If you cant put it in a shed or garage make sure you chain it to something. (Lamposts are good).

You will get a discount on your insurance for DATATAG (5%) most companies. You would get a much higher discount if the bike could be garaged.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have a shed which it will be housed in over night. thanks for advice insurance man. thanks for the advice people it helps a lot. a cover sounds like a good idea as well. thanks again

i have a shed which it will be housed in over night.  thanks for advice insurance man.  thanks for the advice people it helps a lot. a cover sounds like a good idea as well. thanks again

Not realy. The garage clause which 95% of the motorcycle insurers have states "The vehicle must be garaged all times when at the home address or no theft cover will be in place". Translated to if your bikes at home put it in the garage you lazy sod.

Seriously though a garage or shed is the best security money can buy.

If some motherfucker touches my cycle he's a dead man.

34 accredited kills at Billabong. So don't fuck with my property. Faggots.

That's Odd......seem to recall 43 kills in Denang.....

That Nam grass musta had some effect on your Lisdexia! :lol:

• Admin

Oh god here he goes.. shame im so far away otherwise i could just shoot him, it would be worth the time :angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online