Looks like.....

YamaHead
This post is 6977 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

SuperPole results for this weekends SBK race @ Qatar.......

Pos. Rider Manufacturer Nat. 1st Qualifying 2nd Qualifying Superpole

1 R. Laconi Ducati FRA 2' 1.980 2' 23.844 2' 1.593

2 T. Corser Suzuki AUS 2' 1.244 2' 25.345 2' 1.641

3 S. Gimbert Yamaha FRA 2' 2.217 2' 24.187 2' 1.889

4 Y. Kagayama Suzuki JPN 2' 2.284 2' 26.013 2' 2.643

5 A. Pitt Yamaha AUS 2' 2.769 2' 25.419 2' 2.670

6 J. Cardoso Yamaha ESP 2' 1.388 N/A 2' 2.745

7 N. Haga Yamaha JPN 2' 2.687 2' 25.941 2' 2.766

8 C. Vermeulen Honda AUS 2' 2.469 2' 25.330 2' 2.960

9 I. Silva Yamaha ESP 2' 2.759 2' 21.602 2' 3.049

10 P. Chili Honda ITA 2' 2.507 2' 32.534 2' 3.100

11 C. Walker Kawasaki GBR 2' 2.921 2' 23.646 2' 3.138

12 G. Bussei Kawasaki ITA 2' 3.268 2' 37.644 2' 3.189

13 D. Toseland Ducati ITA 2' 2.754 2' 26.992 2' 3.357

14 M. Neukirchner Honda GER 2' 2.236 2' 28.398 2' 3.671

15 N. Abe Yamaha JPN 2' 2.868 2' 26.584 2' 4.354

16 M. Borciani Yamaha ITA 2' 3.178 N/A 2' 5.041

21 G. Vizziello Yamaha ITA 2' 4.587 2' 27.786

22 M. Praia Yamaha POR 2' 4.627 N/A

Ony TWO Duc's on the grid! :blink: .....looks like Laconi's their star pilot.

Quite a change from recent years. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Either I'm lossing it or half my previous post didn't appear :huh:

What I mean't to say is:-

It's interesting to see that there isn't many of the other makes either.

9 Yamaha's though :thumb:

That makes much more sense :unsure:

Most of the fours are still running virtually standard engines. The pukka engines should be available for the next round. Febs too early to start racing anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Ducati Cheat anyway!!!! As l understand it WSB is production based with modifications within certain realms. This being the case how come Frankie Chilli had a 998 bike with a 999 engine, a tadd illegal wouldn't you think. Strikes me foggy better give Garrett Ten Kate a quick call and stick a blade motor in that kitchen appliance of his.

:D

Strikes me foggy better give Garrett Ten Kate a quick call and stick a blade motor in that kitchen appliance of his. 

Wonder What McCoy would think of that? :unsure: .....probably be better for PowerSliding. ;)

hi, yamahead, has hodgson got any chance today at Daytona? who's your money on? I have just read that this years Daytona 200 will be a 600cc race not the full blown litre bikes is this true and if so why? won't it loose it's kudos as your biggest race of the year? l just assumed the 200 was the first round of AMA

cheers mate

:(

hi, yamahead, has hodgson got any chance today at Daytona? who's your money on? I have just read that this years Daytona 200 will be a 600cc race not the full blown litre bikes is this true and if so why? won't it loose it's kudos as your biggest race of the year? l just assumed the 200 was the first round of AMA

cheers mate

:(

Daglad--

The AMA did a bunch of rule changes over the winter :rolleyes: ....

Formula Extreme class is now 600cc.......which is doing the 200 miler. :unsure:

SuperStock class (New) is full litre bikes with limited mods.

SuperBike class speaks for itself ;) ......was bumped to 1 litre 2 years ago.

As far as WHY they did this?........I haven't a clue! :huh:

The 600's are fun to watch though......as it's always a Barn-Burner type of race where you're just not sure who's gonna win until the checkers come out. ;)

FYI......the 200 was won by Miguel DuHamel (true Veteran B) ) who's won the 200 in SuperBike form, (4) times before........So I don't think Hodgy stands a SnowBall's chance in Hell of winning against such talent as DuHamel & company.

& You're Right......Daytona has been the AMA's 1st round every year for awhile now.

Hope this Answered @ least a few of your questions. :)

Ducati Cheat anyway!!!!  As l understand it WSB is production based with modifications within certain realms. This being the case how come Frankie Chilli had a 998 bike with a 999 engine, a tadd illegal wouldn't you think. Strikes me foggy better give Garrett Ten Kate a quick call and stick a blade motor in that kitchen appliance of his. 

It's only cheating if:

1) Other teams put a protest in against the machine.

2) Non compliance to technical regulations found during inspection in parc ferme after racing.

3) It's a Ducati! ;)

As regards the Foggy bike - still not sold the required amount for homologation and is still allowed to race!

Shock Horror! Foggy Petronas goes on sale (All right it was in a showroom in Malaysia) £35.000. I bet the big four are shitting themselves over the market share this thing is going to take off them. Thanks for the info Yamahead l watched the Superbikes and have to say Mladin looks strong, fair play to Hodgson i would settle for second, l thought he had taken Mladin's front wheel at the start it was a bit close.

Mladin didn't become the 1st 5-time AMA Superbike Champ for nothin'.......

Since the class jumped to 1 liter, he's really been kickin' some ass on that Gixxer Thou. B)

Mladin didn't become the 1st 5-time AMA Superbike Champ for nothin'.......

Since the class jumped to 1 liter, he's really been kickin' some ass on that Gixxer Thou. B)

Didn't he do some GP's in the mid/late nineties? Here's a thought how about re-introducing the old Trans-Atlantic series. I know it used to have all the top GP stars of the day and for reasons of Cost/Sponsorship that couldn't be the case anymore, but l feel both BSB and AMA are big enough in their own right. How about doing a Davis Cup type event every two years in each country.

1. Ducati Cheat anyway!!!! 

2. Strikes me foggy better give Garrett Ten Kate a quick call and stick a blade motor in that kitchen appliance of his. 

1. :yeah:

2. The petronas engines are made by an engineering company that's just down the road from me, 2 of my mates are actually part of the team working on them.

You ever get to hear one up close NT?........

Another Screamer Triple those are. B) .....Interesting Micron Exhaust they have too. :huh:

Hi N TART, i am instantly jealous of your mates!!!!! Do they think it will be competitive in the end or with the big boys coming back in with a vengance do they think the race is run? Have they made any comment about Troy Corsers alleged (It was in MCN after all) scathing comments about Foggy not being interested in the project?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online