My Aerox Project

KristianAerox
This post is 4473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It was a Wednesday afternoon that I went to view what was to be my machine, I bought it off a man in a tracksuit (typical aerox owner) who said it was dead fast and "he didn't know why he didn't use it any more but he just didn't!" the bike looked in a slightly distressed state and I have a massive problem with cars and bikes as I tend to personify them (don't ask why I just do) and I just imagined this poor bike being locked away in a shed and that I had to save it! the bike had what was described to be an electrical fault (still waiting on the voltmeter to arrive from ebay) but started first kick and was mechanically sound. Cosmetics wise was quite different the bike had obviously been dropped a couple of times and had a couple of cracked plastics. I took the bike home with me for £200 and was quite happy with what I got for my cash! when I got home I got accustomed to the bike by pretty much stripping it in the conservatory after realising that half a million screws were missing I had to rectify the mistake that the novice botched jobs that had been done with it <_< but overall Im sill pleased!

will post a picture of the bike when I can and will post updates when I have finished the job!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

look like some thing to get your teeth into!

get yourself a manual to familliarise yourself with the bike and take lots of pictures so you know where things go when they go back after a few weeks!

Getting a new plug is a good idea on any used bike just make sure its the right heat grade don't want a hole in your piston now :) I am enjoying seeing the project come along please keep us updated.